Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rumblestrutting a whole lot of rumblestrutting - 2 adult bonded females

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Since we moved the girls downstairs, I now have the chance to watch them all day. Their cage is across from the area where I have my desk so I can see and hear them all the time.

According to the pet store, the girls had been together for their whole lives and are about a year old. We've had them a month or so.

Ziggy rumblestruts all the time when they are active. Often this is followed by one or the other half-squealing and running away. Sometimes she just walks by Cuddles rumbling for a minute, sometimes she tries to trap Cuddles for a moment or two rumbling at her the whole time (usually can only be achieved at the top of the loft ramp.) They eat together fine, like normal piggies, with the occasional food stealing and butt bumping, but everyone gets plenty and they share.

Is this just something some pigs continue to do? I feel like any time Cuddles starts to chill somewhere Ziggy shows up, "HEY, that's mine!" so Cuddles goes somewhere else and Ziggy shows up again.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Punkin and Scooter do they exact same thing, and they're as bonded as two pigs I've ever seen. Even when Scooter visits Sly at the bars, Punkin herds him away from Sly.

Punkin and Scooter will be one year old on October 8th.

As long as they aren't hurting each other, all is good. :)

ihrmaniac97

Cavy Slave
Yeah, my boys do this daily, and a lot too. No need to worry, sometimes mine teeth chatter over small things (like lettuce they decide to both eat the same lettuce at the same time when i clearly gave them separate lettuce) and don't even fight, just keep an ear out for teeth chattering.

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Yeah, my boys do this daily, and a lot too. No need to worry, sometimes mine teeth chatter over small things (like lettuce they decide to both eat the same lettuce at the same time when i clearly gave them separate lettuce) and don't even fight, just keep an ear out for teeth chattering.

Oh yes, there is the occasion teeth chattering too, but it never goes anywhere. The more I think about it, the more I feel like they are just two slightly grumpy old ladies who love each other but grumble at each other all day long :)

miniver

Cavy Slave
Oh yes, there is the occasion teeth chattering too, but it never goes anywhere. The more I think about it, the more I feel like they are just two slightly grumpy old ladies who love each other but grumble at each other all day long :)

Ha, ha. I have grumble ladies. There is daily teeth chattering, rumbling, and chasing. If I try to break it up they look at me like I'm interfering and should mind my own business.

CrystalCavy

Cavy Slave
ZiggyPig, my guinea pigs do the EXACT SAME. I asked the same question awhile back and it's normal. I don't get much teeth chattering though (whew).

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Equally hilarious - since moving downstairs they seem to occasionally get freaked out about where the other one is. If the other one is up on the loft, this involves quite a lot of loud wheeking until they find each other - only to rumble and grumble at each other lollollol

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sounds like you've got a couple of pretty well bonded chatterboxes :)

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Sounds like you've got a couple of pretty well bonded chatterboxes :)

Seems like it. And I just learned that it took Ziggy 3 days to learn the sound of the refrigerator lol

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She's a quick study! And now she'll teach Cuddles what to do when they hear that sound!

ZiggyPig

Cavy Slave
Oh, she is, and she knows how to be a ham too. She climbs up on the bars and will give kisses through the grids or over them if I lift the top - but only if she thinks she is going to get something out of it!
I think Cuddles prefers to let Zig do the work and just reap the rewards, smart pig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.