Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Which pellets are best?

mangoisacavy

Cavy Slave
I was wondering what brand of pellets are best for my cavies, at the moment I have the brand called 'wagg'. Id like to get a better one as they don't take much interest in it, any suggestions?

Madyson

Cavy Slave
I love, love, LOVE my Oxbow. Though my vet recommends it, she has also mentioned something by Purina.

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
You want a plain brown pellet not a muesli. Oxbow Cavy Cuisine is the best but can be very pricey in the UK, I'm using Excel Guinea Pig Tasty Nuggets 10 kg: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery . They are slightly higher in calcium than Oxbow so I feed less pellets. The 10kg bag lasts my 7 piggies around 14 weeks.

mangoisacavy

Cavy Slave
You want a plain brown pellet not a muesli. Oxbow Cavy Cuisine is the best but can be very pricey in the UK, I'm using Excel Guinea Pig Tasty Nuggets 10 kg: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery . They are slightly higher in calcium than Oxbow so I feed less pellets. The 10kg bag lasts my 7 piggies around 14 weeks.
Wow thats a long time! I have tried the brand excel which was in an orange 5kg bag and the nuggets contained mint however the cavies despise them :sad:

mangoisacavy

Cavy Slave
I love, love, LOVE my Oxbow. Though my vet recommends it, she has also mentioned something by Purina.
Im definetelt going to try that out hopefully they like it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.