Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye Peanut

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Hello Everyone,

It took me a while to write this because I was deeply affected by Peanut's passing. Peanut was the herd leader, 5 years old, my first guinea pig I adopted from the Los Angeles Guinea Pig Rescue.

We arrived in Denver from Los Angeles on Dec 27. I set up their cage the instant we got the keys to our place. The next day I notice a strange behavior from her so I made an appointment for the next day on Dec 29. The Vet gave a thorough check and didn't see any physical illness. I forgot what kind injection she was given but the vet said something in lines of "water pill" to flush her system, given metacam and critical care. I started syringe feeding Peanut. The next day she started eating hay, but then saw her isolate herself from the herd. No one in the herd picked on her. I called the Vet and the vet suggested to give her another day. I made another appointment for the Vet on Jan 3. That morning I woke up early to feed Peanut critical care and found her lifeless body. Aristotle was next to her.

I will always miss you baby girl. I'm still tearing up while writing this. Her final act as Herd Leader was getting the herd from Los Angeles to Denver safely. This past week have been rough for me, I never imagine in a thousand years that I would be affected like this.

[video=youtube_share;B2ciwEkpRow]https://youtu.be/B2ciwEkpRow[/video]

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. May she rest in peace.

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. May she rest in peace.

Thank You HollyLeaf, I still can't believe she's gone. I was in denial when I found her. I thought she was just napping.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Its always hard to lose our beloved pets. Unfortunately that is the price we pay when we get them... :(

kemmm

Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl and that was a very touching video you made for her.

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl and that was a very touching video you made for her.

Thank you for the kind words. She was definitely a beautiful piggie.

urofan

Cavy Slave
I am very sorry that Peanut died.

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
So sorry to hear about the loss of Peanut @CavieGuy

SillyMolly

Cavy Gazer
You sounded like you really cared, like a good Guinea Pig Parent. I deeply sorry for your loss. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here.:love:

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Sorry for you loss. I know how you are feeling we just had to put down our cupcake see Good-bye Cupcake in Memories if you want to read it.. Sorry again for you loss..

bye how many do you still have? just wondering as you said herd.

clarkkatarina

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for the loss of your precious baby. Hopefully you heal fully and timely. 💗

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'm so very sorry for your loss, she was a gorgeous girl. RIP little Peanut.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
God bless. I'm sorry for your loss. I was devastated when I lost my Spaz and I hadn't had him that long so I'm sure this was really hard for you. There is a wonderful book I found recently. It's for kids but it's beautiful. It's called The Heaven of Animals by Nancy Tillman. It's a beautifully written and illustrated book. No Guinea pigs it it but it's a great picture of our pets in heaven!

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
It has been one week that she has crossed the rainbow bridge. The veterinary office called me on Thursday informing me that Peanut ashes were ready, I've putting it off until today. I will picking up her ashes and the paw prints they made for me.

I have 7 remaining sows in a 2x10 C&C.

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. You gave her such wonderful care and love and she was treated so wonderfully. R.I.P Peanut <3

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. As devastating as the loss is, it's a blessing that she didn't linger and suffer. I think the others must have realized she was declining so they gave her some space. I've often been astonished to see the compassion they show one another when they see that something's wrong. I'll keep you and your herd my thoughts and prayers. They're all a lucky bunch to be cared for by you. Sending warm piggie thoughts from Lamb Chop, Fish Fry, Ditto and Pinky.....

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone.

I picked up Peanut's ashes along with the pawprints that the veterinary office made. I got emotional when I held the box of her ashes. Still can't believe she's gone.

uploadfromtaptalk1452474208810.jpg

PiggieLove13

Cavy Slave
I never imagine in a thousand years that I would be affected like this.

I know exactly how you feel. EXACTLY. I lost my fuzzy boy Chester a few weeks ago. I cried all night, it felt like he never died, and yet, he was gone. Just like that, my life was changed. I never knew what emptiness felt like until that night. It's like I had nothing to live for. Coco ran and hid when I showed her Chester's grave stone. She even purred when I showed her the box he was in, bundled up in love. I asked God why this happened, I felt betrayed. I realized it was because I didn't trust Him. He needed my attention, and Chester practically saved my life, showing me that that wasn't the way to live...Rest in Peace Peanut. Read Ecclesiastes 3:19-21.

snickers33

Cavy Gazer
What a wonderful memorial of her feet that you can have forever! That is beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss. You have those beautiful memories to hold onto forever.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.