Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior What are the best toys for piggies?

AddysPiggies

Cavy Slave
What are some specific toys I should get my lovely little pigs to keep then entertained while I'm at school?[emoji4]

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
If you look on youtube people have some hauls of toys they have. Also people have DIY toys. I hope this helps.

vietxmikey

Cavy Slave
I don't have a lot of toys yet, but apparently, they love paper bags!

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
my piggies favorite toys are paper bags (to hide in), toilet paper tubes (to chew and throw around), cardboard boxes (to hide in, chew, and move around) a wiffle ball (to push around cage), and heaps of timothy hay to dig through (this is their favorite past time).

juliax0

Cavy Slave
My boys don't care much for toys but they LOVE this thing. I already bought them four..they love getting the ball out ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413454561.012968.jpg

4TimeMama

Cavy Slave
My piggies have so far ignored any sticks at all, but they love the willow balls we found, they've already chewed both to pieces. We also made them a toy with some sisal, we used a cereal box, cardboard, plain printer paper, a paper bag, and a toilet paper tube. We cut strips from all but the toilet paper tube, about 2" wide, 6" or so inches long, and punched holes in them, then strung them on the sisal. I then put holes in the TP tube and put it on there as well, stuffed that with hay, and hung it in their cage. They get super excited when I stuff the TP roll, and they chew on the strips too. :) I saw the idea on YouTube but can't remember who it was.

emileew00d

Cavy Slave
^^ that toy is my boys favorite and of its out he won't do anything but play with it

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Pinterest has a lot of great Guinea pig ideas...

Lovely_Weekers

Cavy Slave
My boys aren't very fond of many toys, they do, however enjoy the barrel and ball, fleece forests, paper bags, things they can push or roll wih their noses and I do have one toy (not sure of maker or what it's called I think it may be made by living world?) but it hangs and it has a twine type string with a slice of wood strung, a little ceramic dish strung on under that and another slice of wood on the bottom. I put veggies in the pot, so the pigs have to think about it and push the slice of wood up the string to get a treat, and they love it! They are always pushing it up when I'm in the room, hoping that maybe I refilled it.

piggsters

Cavy Slave
My piggies have so far ignored any sticks at all, but they love the willow balls we found, they've already chewed both to pieces. We also made them a toy with some sisal, we used a cereal box, cardboard, plain printer paper, a paper bag, and a toilet paper tube. We cut strips from all but the toilet paper tube, about 2" wide, 6" or so inches long, and punched holes in them, then strung them on the sisal. I then put holes in the TP tube and put it on there as well, stuffed that with hay, and hung it in their cage. They get super excited when I stuff the TP roll, and they chew on the strips too. :) I saw the idea on YouTube but can't remember who it was.

Could you post a picture? Im more of a visual person...

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
My girls go nuts for those willow balls.

Banshee

Cavy Slave
Hop nibble squeek has this hay tunnel I was thinking about getting (But it being wood might be pricey to get from the UK to the US)

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
@juliax0, where did you get this toy from? It looks really interesting.

lovemyguineas27

Cavy Slave
tunnels are my girls' favorites!

shajadaz

Cavy Slave
my piggies favorite toys are paper bags (to hide in), toilet paper tubes (to chew and throw around), cardboard boxes (to hide in, chew, and move around) a wiffle ball (to push around cage), and heaps of timothy hay to dig through (this is their favorite past time).
I thought it was bad for for them chewing ans eating cardboard, I wouldn't think it would break down in there bellies, I used to use the butter boxes from work for there houses, but noticed that my boy was ripping it up, and eating it , there were no pieces lying around? What are others thoughts, I just use plastic now.....

panumbra

Cavy Slave
I give mine weather cones that have been washed and baked completely dry in oven they love them and are a good natural tooth brush for em, and the best thing is you can gather them for free

4TimeMama

Cavy Slave
Could you post a picture? Im more of a visual person...

Ill take ale a pic today, I'm usually mobile so can't post pics, but I will get them onto my iMac today. :)

4TimeMama

Cavy Slave
This is the toy I made them. As you can see, they've chewed it up pretty good. :) I need to make a new one soon, I'll make a pictorial when I do, because I can't find the video I watched!

[
IM][/IMG]

Here it is with what hay it can still hold lol (they prefer to eat their hay out of this first, then they move on to their hay rack)

IMG_00771.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

IMG_0077 1.jpg

piggsters

Cavy Slave
So creative! Might have to steal that idea!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.