Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play What's so great about fiddle sticks?

Rayen

Cavy Slave
Are they the same as hay cubes?

I want to say they're similar to hay cubes, but that would be a lie. You get one stack sliced roughly into individual pieces, the pieces are circles about palm-sized and I want to say they're about an inch/inch and a half thick. They're also very sharp, I wasn't paying attention one day while I was breaking it apart and I got several splinters in both of my hands. It still feels like hay, if you break it up you get individual strands out of it but they're just such short little pieces that to me it doesn't seem worth it and you still get the hay 'dust' from breaking them up too.

They're also quite expensive, I believe they were about $16-19 dollars for something that is advertised to have about 40oz of hay in it?

Piggy Mum

Cavy Slave
I want to say they're similar to hay cubes, but that would be a lie. You get one stack sliced roughly into individual pieces, the pieces are circles about palm-sized and I want to say they're about an inch/inch and a half thick. They're also very sharp, I wasn't paying attention one day while I was breaking it apart and I got several splinters in both of my hands. It still feels like hay, if you break it up you get individual strands out of it but they're just such short little pieces that to me it doesn't seem worth it and you still get the hay 'dust' from breaking them up too.

They're also quite expensive, I believe they were about $16-19 dollars for something that is advertised to have about 40oz of hay in it?

I admit that they are expensive, and that they can be quite sharp to pull apart, but I use them as floor time treats rather than as normal hay. I like the fact that the stacks are a novelty for my piggies, but they're still hay without additives like the hay cakes. Also, the hay cakes don't have the long-strand fibre that's so essential for digestion, but the stacks do. I wouldn't use them to replace normal hay, though, due to the expense, the difficulty in pulling them apart, and the mess. I like seeing the girls go crazy for them, though.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My girl likes willow balls. I get them from busybunny.com She also like her willow tunnel. Some of it is chewed up. Keeps her busy.

clcurnock1901

Cavy Slave
Dexter sits on top of his all day long! Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391531761.983812.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.