Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescues Contract Frustration

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
A lady signed my contract, which states that if you can no longer care for your adopted pig for any reason it must be returned to the rescue. I just saw one of my rescue boys posted on our local advertising site. I sent her a message politely reminding her that she signed a contract stating that he should be returned to the rescue. Hopefully she replies and does the right thing. UGH. end of rant. thanks for listening!

pinky

Cavy Slave
A lady signed my contract, which states that if you can no longer care for your adopted pig for any reason it must be returned to the rescue. I just saw one of my rescue boys posted on our local advertising site. I sent her a message politely reminding her that she signed a contract stating that he should be returned to the rescue. Hopefully she replies and does the right thing. UGH. end of rant. thanks for listening!

I'd post a comment on her ad so people know this guinea pig is not available for adoption.

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
unfortunately on the site there is no option to comment on it, only personal messages =[ If she does not respond to me within a few days, I think I will just report the ad.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
If she dodges your email and continues trying to re-home him I would get the authorities involved, if possible.

Razzle

Cavy Slave
Heartbreaking.

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
Wooot! She just emailed me asking me to take both of her pigs. OF COURSE! Sheesh....Not sure why she didn't just contact me in the first place. She has my card and knows I'm on that same advertising site! Oh well, at least she did the right thing

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Good to hear she's giving him back to you! :)

pinky

Cavy Slave
You should ask her to donate any supplies she won't be using.

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
Thanks for being a nice cavy saver, even if people are not so wonderful to work with.

Razzle

Cavy Slave
So happy for you and those piggies.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
this reminds me of that case a few years ago where a rescue to some celberty to court because the celebrity re homed a dog and signed a contract stating the dog would be returned to the rescue if they could no longer take care of it. The rescue got the dog back but if i remember right the home it was at was nice good stable home.. i thought it was a shame the rescue couldn't work with the new owners and they had to take them to court.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
this reminds me of that case a few years ago where a rescue to some celberty to court because the celebrity re homed a dog and signed a contract stating the dog would be returned to the rescue if they could no longer take care of it. The rescue got the dog back but if i remember right the home it was at was nice good stable home.. i thought it was a shame the rescue couldn't work with the new owners and they had to take them to court.
I saw that! It was Ellen Degeneres and the family was someone she knew and was a good family. It caused quite a stir in the media.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
@SheWolfSilver , i wonder what happened to the dog, i bet a lot of people wanted it after all that XD.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) I don't know! I always wondered why she didn't contact the shelter and work something out for the family and the dog.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) I don't know! I always wondered why she didn't contact the shelter and work something out for the family and the dog.
I know right? The shelter could have worked something out with the new owner. Have them sign the same contract and agree to there rules. I think they just did it as a poblisty stunt. Shame too >.< there are good homes out there but when people do stuff like this it makes others not want to adopt.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I have seen pigs I've adopted out on Craigslist a few times. Usually they are trying to make a buck off of them, which is why they don't return them. Each time I've emailed, reminding them of the contract (and once even sent a copy of said contract) they have returned the pigs to me.

missnickelback

Cavy Slave
that reminds me of justin bebers hamster and how he handed him off to a fan:mad:

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
That was Ellen and she gave the dog to her hairdresser's family.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.