Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to Order? Looking for hay in Canada

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm just wondering if there's somewhere in Canada (Ontario specifically) we can purchase Timothy hay in bulk? And not too expensive? Currently am purchasing oxbow Timothy hay through global pet foods but the biggest size they have is the 40 oz bag...anyone able to help?

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Dp you ever make your way to Quebec?

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
I believe KMS ships to Canada. I love their hay!

I recently just started buying bales from local farmers as it is much cheaper. Nothing beats KMS quality in my eyes though! :)

guinnymom23

Cavy Slave
@RodentsRus I never go to Quebec sorry...just too far

Last edited:

guinnymom23

Cavy Slave
I believe KMS ships to Canada. I love their hay!

I recently just started buying bales from local farmers as it is much cheaper. Nothing beats KMS quality in my eyes though! :)
Do they have a website? Are they reasonably priced?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Google "hay" and the name of the area you're in. Call a local feed store and see what they've got. Call a rabbit rescue and ask where they get their hay. Call a horse farm and ask for their hay source.

Canada is one of the world's largest exporters of hay -- they grow hundreds of millions of bales of hay every year. I'd be willing to bet my hat you can find local hay there.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Do they have a website? Are they reasonably priced?

(broken link removed)
The prices are great, it's the shipping that is a bit high. It is totally worth every penny considering how much store bought hay is though.

If you are trying to save money, I would do what @bpatters mentioned and goggle hay in your area. That is how I got 5 bales for under $30.

3GPigsplus1more

Cavy Slave
Where are you located in Ontario? 25 lb and 50lb hay is very expensive to ship. Depending on your location The Guinea Pig Store does deliver for free on orders of $75 and over. Contact [email protected] to see if we could work something out for you.

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
I'm in the Toronto area and I've got family down near Pelham where I get my hay from. There are a lot of farms and feed stores in the area, I would definitely google and call around!

Piggy Mum

Cavy Slave
I always order from canadianpetconnection.com, as they have a lot of Oxbow products, including litter and vitamins. I've been in contact with KMS Hayloft, and they've done a few trial shipments to Canada, but their Canadian shipping isn't fully operational yet. They said that I should contact them again in the late fall because they most likely will be able to ship then. They've been able to ship their pellets for a long time, though.

3GPigsplus1more

Cavy Slave
If you are in the GTA, Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan,Brampton,Mississauga and Oakville area, then the delivery is free for orders over $75.00 @ www.theguineapigstore.ca. Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.