Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C HELP!!!!!!!! parents wont let me have a C&C cage!!!

Guineapiggies3

Cavy Slave
@Cavylier THANKS that helped a lot i will have to bring it up with my parents they still havent given in my dad doesnt really care if i build it because we have such a big house my mom is the one who thinks it is stupid. I almost have her convinced though! :)

Guineapiggies3

Cavy Slave
@ZenMama thanks i am 14 my mom just thinks that if you take an animal to the vet they are going to give some inanimate illness that they will charge me for seeing them for and for the pills but i keep telling her that they can at least try to help or even fix the problem but she never believes me. two weeks ago my cat got bit by something and i kept telling her that she was hurt and i even had my friends mom who is like a cat expert even tell her that she needed to go to the vet but my mom still said no. I had to yell at her and tell her to take miss kitty(my cat) to the vet because she wasnt even walking on that foot. AND when she did take the vet gave her pills that finally made the swelling go down and she is now perfectly fine and i paid for the vet visit. I dont know what her problem is about vets.

For the bigger cage my mom believes that my guinea pigs have a good life and we shouldnt have to sacrifice any more of our house to them but their cages take up the exact amount of cage space any way but they are seperate and small. And i would be paying for it. oooh and another reason is that she doesnt want me to spend my money because she says that i wont have enough money to buy a car. I dont even have my drivers license yet! i dont know what her problem is.

Guineapiggies3

Cavy Slave
@Fizzlepop40 that makes so much sense i will try that on her.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
One way I convinced hubby on giving Mr. Whistles(who was the pig we had at the time) a larger cage was I told him to imagine himself locked in a closet for the rest of his life. He'd have to poop, pee and sleep in there. Once or twice a day someone would come by give him a pat, some food/spot clean. But that closet was his own space to move around in. He sat on the thought for a coupla days but soon realized this is what Mr. Whistles needed.

Had he not made his decision or said "No". I really would have locked him in the closet for an hour or so.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'd ask for the supplies to make a cage for Christmas. After you build it, put one of your cages up on Craigslist and keep your other as a quarantine cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.