Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Videos Piggie Feeding Time!

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to post a video of me feeding my guinea pig:).[video=youtube;wjxWUdkui64]

I'm sorry about the part of the video where all you see is my arm. It's because he was checking out the weird thing sitting in the middle of his cage (just so you know, I'm referring to my laptop, because I couldn't find my normal video camera). Comments are appreciated! :)

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Aw! He's adorable! I love the orange coroplast by the way, very fun and cool looking!

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
Aw! He's adorable! I love the orange coroplast by the way, very fun and cool looking!

Thanks, he's a cutie isn't he :). I was thinking of getting white coroplast so I could clean it more easily, but orange coroplast does fine in cleaning and looks better than white.

_klakla_

Cavy Slave
He's beautiful! I love his little hands, they are so small and cute! :)

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
Your piggy is adorable!! He is awesome at standing to! Also the piggie bed in the middle is super nice!

Piglicious

Cavy Slave
he's such such a cute piggie!

and hello fellow kansas piggie owner!!

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
Your piggy is adorable!! He is awesome at standing to! Also the piggie bed in the middle is super nice!
Thank you! he was really nervous about bringing his paws off of the ground, but he got used to it in a few weeks. :cheerful:

pinky

Cavy Slave
Very cute video. I love it when they prairie dog like that!

CavyPpl

Cavy Slave
Thats such an ADORABLE piggy! lol ur lucky to have him

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
He is super cute and i love his stripes!

KiwiCavyAdorer

Cavy Slave
Thanks Ravyn for posting your video. Your piggie is very sweet! It's always so interesting to see how we and others move around our animals. Like as in how and how much we move, how steady or jerky how long we hold a posture for, and what other kinds of "white noise" we make. To see if they are on the same time line as our movements or who is ahead and who is behind movement understanding. It was so nice to see and hear how you were comfortable to let Ravyn head back into his/her hidey and pop out again at his/her own time. I enjoyed your video.

piggiepleaser

Cavy Slave
Ravyn, you are doing a fantastic job training your pig! You're patient, consistent, and quiet -- making every word count and reinforcing the action. He is beautiful, and you can tell he is happy and well-cared for. I enjoyed watching your video -- post more! :)

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
Thanks Ravyn for posting your video. Your piggie is very sweet! It's always so interesting to see how we and others move around our animals. Like as in how and how much we move, how steady or jerky how long we hold a posture for, and what other kinds of "white noise" we make. To see if they are on the same time line as our movements or who is ahead and who is behind movement understanding. It was so nice to see and hear how you were comfortable to let Ravyn head back into his/her hidey and pop out again at his/her own time. I enjoyed your video.

Yeah, I always like to see videos of other people interacting with their piggies and compare to the way I do it. Sometimes I finds something to incorporate into what I do. Thank you for the kind comments and input! :)

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
Ravyn, you are doing a fantastic job training your pig! You're patient, consistent, and quiet -- making every word count and reinforcing the action. He is beautiful, and you can tell he is happy and well-cared for. I enjoyed watching your video -- post more! :)

Thank you for all the kind words, it really means a lot! :cheerful:

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave

I could NOT have said it better myself ! :D Loved, loved your adorable video ! Would love to try and teach my girls to do a few fun stunts, like the "prairie dog" ! Did it take long to teach him ? How often did you train him and for how long ?

Last edited:

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
I could NOT have said it better myself ! :D Loved, loved your adorable video ! Would love to try and teach my girls to do a few fun stunts, like the "prairie dog" ! Did it take long to teach him ? How often did you train him and for how long ?

It took about 2 1/2 weeks for him to be completely comfortable with with it, and I worked with him twice a day for about 15-20 minutes while hand fed him his daily veggies. I lifted my hand a little higher every time, until he was comfortable standing up.

Thumper27

Cavy Slave
Awww he's adorable!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.