Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Weight Loss Strange weight pattern

Aleks

Cavy Slave
My male passed about 10 years ago so I don't remember the timeline. I took him in when he was hunching and crying when he'd pee. At that time, I wasn't familiar with the behavior they display when they have a UTI or stones. I adopted my female off of craigslist. One of my fleece pads has white in it and I saw blood on it so I took her in to the vet. She had an xray but it didn't show anything. Lab tests showed she had crystals in her urine so she was treated for a UTI. She seemed to improve but the blood showed up again so I took her back in and had her xrayed again. That time, the xray showed a stone. If he continues to lose weight, cries when he pees or seems to strain when he poops or pees, I'd have him xrayed.

Both of my boys have calcium issues.
So far he hasn't been doing any of those things while 'doing his business' and no blood either, but I will definitely be keeping an out.
His weight is starting to stabilize again in the 1300's. I'll keep weighing him daily as well.
Thank you. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.