Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Have a vet visit planned but . . .

Sunrise

Cavy Slave
Very sorry to hear this.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry you lost him. But please remember that guinea pigs are fragile animals, and they go downhill very quickly. It's NEVER a good idea to wait around and see if a guinea pig improves before taking it to the vet, and I think you need a better vet. A normal guinea pig diet is about as high fiber as it gets, and more fiber is unlikely to do anything helpful. Your pig might have had an infection that could have been treated if it had been properly diagnosed.

Rach84

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry you lost him. But please remember that guinea pigs are fragile animals, and they go downhill very quickly. It's NEVER a good idea to wait around and see if a guinea pig improves before taking it to the vet, and I think you need a better vet. A normal guinea pig diet is about as high fiber as it gets, and more fiber is unlikely to do anything helpful. Your pig might have had an infection that could have been treated if it had been properly diagnosed.

I did go to the vets as soon as he started to show signs of illness on Friday an I really did everythin in my powers to keep him going! I understand your trying to be quite matter of a fact as your an admin on here but I do know about pigs too I was just coming here for support as I know all too well as soon as they show they are I'll it's often too late but I'm sorry if you think I failed him in some way xx

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry about you piggy. I wonder if he had bloat and she missed it.

scoottie

Cavy Slave
I did go to the vets as soon as he started to show signs of illness on Friday an I really did everythin in my powers to keep him going! I understand your trying to be quite matter of a fact as your an admin on here but I do know about pigs too I was just coming here for support as I know all too well as soon as they show they are I'll it's often too late but I'm sorry if you think I failed him in some way xx

You did the right thing by him it wasn't your fault and you did nothing wrong. You took him to the vet and the vet saw nothing wrong so it wasn't your fault it was the vets.

Rach84

Cavy Slave
You did the right thing by him it wasn't your fault and you did nothing wrong. You took him to the vet and the vet saw nothing wrong so it wasn't your fault it was the vets.

Thank you xx I always put all my animal needs before anything in my life an I really miss the little guy xx

scoottie

Cavy Slave
Your very welcome no one should make you feel like you didn't do enough :)

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Oh no! I'm so sorry!

Ibbet

Cavy Slave
Very, very sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.