Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Introduction harmony!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to give everyone a little update.

I adopted a one year old Abyssinian boar (Zenigata) about two weeks ago and right away I could tell he was lonely.
Well today I brought home two 3 and a half week baby boars (a beautiful lilac: Ashitaka and a black and white: Hiei) and I was honestly horrified to do introductions because of all of the horror stories I had heard.

I made a large pen on freshly cleaned fleece in the middle of my living room, put a large stack of veggies and hay in the middle and two water bottles. Hubby helped me put our Abyssinian in the pen while I added the babies at the same time.

I hovered, terrified and ready to spring into action in case anyone got crazy.
Hiei and Ash ran right for Zeni and tried to bury themselves under him. Zeni's response? A little rumble strutting. THAT'S IT. No lunging, no chattering, no chasing, no humping, NOTHING. I watched intently for an hour, while they happily munched their veggies and hay. They were so calm that I took 5 minutes to grab my camera so I could start taking pictures.

After another hour of happy pigs, husband and I put them into their brand new 2x5, where they've been snuggling ever since!

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
@Rach84 Here are the new boys!

Rach84

Cavy Slave
Aww they are beautiful! Xx glad your introductions went so well :) I can't wait to pick my baby boy up next week!! Xxxxx

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
your lucky, the intro could have gone so wrong. I love hearing good intro storrys :)

MizzyMiz

Cavy Slave
Congrats! Those are some beautiful piggies! :D

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Is that a cuy or are the babies just teeny? He looks huge!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Is that a cuy or are the babies just teeny? He looks huge!
The babies are just teeny tiny! Almost like large hamsters! Zeni is actually our smallest boar at around 950 grams

Rach84

Cavy Slave
One of my boars (Buzz) is a proper little fatty! He's around 1450g!! Lol xx

MommaOfFour

Cavy Slave
what a bunch for furry cuteness! =)
I'm so happy to hear the introduction went smooth! I got lucky with an easy introduciton as well and I'm so happy to hear about other people's successful stories

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
Awww they are so cute together!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The babies are just teeny tiny! Almost like large hamsters! Zeni is actually our smallest boar at around 950 grams

Gosh he really does look huge compared to them! I guess I just assumed cuy (or part cuy) because he has signature cuy colouring and looks like a giant lol Really glad the introductions went well! It's always nice to hear some positive stories on the forum :)

Razzle

Cavy Slave
Babies are easy to add to an adult. They are desperate to be with an adult and adult males often are very sweet and take them under their lonely wings-------------puberty brings another set of fun, hopefully they are in a big enough home that they will work things out smoothly. Little boys are often so sweet and desperate after being taken from mom at only three weeks. I think little boys are extra sweet because of this.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'm glad it went so well, they are all cutie pies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.