Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Why are C&C's so good?

POOFA777

Cavy Slave
Hi I would like to ask from whoever is reading this post to say why they like C&C cages so much, and what's so good about them other than the fact that they are bigger than a store bought cage, please give descriptive answers, and if it's not too much trouble please explain what experiences you have had with C&C cages, and tell me what you think of them thank in advance :)

Callico

Cavy Slave
Hi I would like to ask from whoever is reading this post to say why they like C&C cages so much, and what's so good about them other than the fact that they are bigger than a store bought cage, please give descriptive answers, and if it's not too much trouble please explain what experiences you have had with C&C cages, and tell me what you think of them thank in advance :)

Well, they are relatively inexpensive, can be configured and reconfigured to many different sizes and layouts, they are lightweight so they can be moved easily for cleaning under and around. The coroplast is easily cleaned with vinegar and water, it is safe and again can be configured easily to fit any size or shape, and it is nice for the piggies feet.

I can't compare to anything else, never having used any other kind of cage, but I also have no desire to. This works very well for us.

littlenme

Cavy Slave
I am new to owning Guinea pigs but only had my girls in a smaller cage (6 sq ft ) for 2 weeks when i found this sight. It just made sense that more space would equal a happier animal. Having been a horse rider/trainer and farm manager, and a vet tech for cats and dogs, I feel making your pet a part of your family and caring for them to the best of your ability is important. So, with the information on this sight I went right out and got the supplies. My girls now have a 10 sq ft with a 2x 1 loft. I cn see their joy in having space to excercise, and play. I call it thier piggy paddock. I am starting 2 large indoor plots of grass so they can also have thier piggy pastures as well. :) With the added info on fleece I have made liners and the daily cleanup is a breeze. I do 2 cleanups for spot cleaning daily and will be washing the fleece once a week.... Because the wonderful advice extended further. The kitchen set up has it so 90 percent of the time the girls wet in the litter below thier hayrack and where there pellet and water bowl is kept. The whole set up is easy. They are happy with thier space, there ability to play, thier multiple hideys, that they can interact with us easily, and that they are clean. All those things will make for a happy piggy and happiness and good health i hope will lead to me having these wonderful little girls in my life for a very long time. :)

littlenme

Cavy Slave
o and Callico made another great point, I spent $120 on that 6 sq ft cage but made the c and c for $33 dollars. The liners getting the fleece on sale cost me about 20 each but now I don't have the expense of the bedding.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I don't think they're necessarily pretty but the larger space is why I built C & C cages for my guinea pigs.

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Well, they are relatively inexpensive, can be configured and reconfigured to many different sizes and layouts, they are lightweight so they can be moved easily for cleaning under and around. The coroplast is easily cleaned with vinegar and water, it is safe and again can be configured easily to fit any size or shape, and it is nice for the piggies feet.

I can't compare to anything else, never having used any other kind of cage, but I also have no desire to. This works very well for us.
...lightweight.. but.. I carried 48 grids stacked on top of each other and it was heavy.. ._.

Callico

Cavy Slave
...lightweight.. but.. I carried 48 grids stacked on top of each other and it was heavy.. ._.

But if they even made commercial cages that size can you imagine how much that would weigh? Plus it is possible to carry it in 2 trips of 24...I'm just sayin' lol

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Honestly, the extra space is probably the best thing about them. It gives the guinea pigs enough room to exercise when you aren't around to give them them floor time, and exercise is important for their health.
I think that they can also be pretty cool looking depending on what fleece patterns you have. I absolutely adore themed cages, though I haven't been able to make my boys a themed cage yet (unless you count plain black as being a theme). lol
In my opinion bigger cages are easier to clean-- all I have to do is sweep hay/poops once or twice a day and do a full clean twice a week. That's pretty easy if you ask me. :)

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
But if they even made commercial cages that size can you imagine how much that would weigh? Plus it is possible to carry it in 2 trips of 24...I'm just sayin' lol

Not only would they weigh alot you would pay alot more for them.

1 Lightweight,
2 ablity to fit the space you have and you can change it and change it.
3 More space, in my expirence they are happier(at least my girls were)
4 You can theme it, fleece is better on their feet and easy on your pocket money in the long run than bedding.
5 You can spend alittle at a time, change it still using the materials you already have, or add to it.
6 Coroplast AND zip ties are just awesome. Easy to clean,looks neat
7 You can enteract with your piggies easy
8 they are neat looking

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
When I got my first piggy Guinness last year, I thought the superpet cage was a good home for a guinea pig, but when I brought it home and put the pigloo, water bottle, and pellet dish in it, there was hardly any room left for Guinness. There had to be a better way, and a couple months later, I found it on guineapigcages.com. Since then, Guinness, Spuds, Mable, Marybell and Trudy have completely perked up. They are able to popcorn, have fun, and be guinea pig with their C&C cages.

When I rescued Chicken and Waffles in June, they had been living in a tiny little cage and the sides even sloped in, giving them less space. It was much to small for one pig, let alone two, and they had been living in it since Christmas. They popcorn and run laps every night now because they can. C&C cages gave them the freedom to be guinea pigs. They used to sleep all day because that's all they could do in their old cage, but they've perked up so much since they got more space.

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
C&C = Bigger, Better, Faster and stronger lol
Bigger because even a 2x3 is bigger than a store cage
Better because pigs feel safer in a open area than a small one because they have somewhere to hide, not being cooped up in a small corner,
Faster because they can be easy to move and a hell (excuse my language ^^'') of a lot cooler because they can be decorized with stickers, lights, and fleece!
Stronger because I had a plastic store bought cage.. the bottom broke when I tried to clean it -.-
:D and you can make your pigs work by holding lettuce and running to one end of the cage, making them run after it, then going to the other end LOL

Artista

Cavy Slave
I love the openness (I don't have a roof on them), it's very sturdy and durable, and attractive. It is so easy to clean. It's very airy for the gps which air circulation is very important. Mine is on a tv stand at my eye level when I'm sitting on the couch so I have a perfect view of my baby. I love too fleece flippers and having many fleece colored cases and coordinated sleep sacks to change it up for the both of us. I get tired of the same ole and while I can't do a whole lot with my home I sure can with hers! I have a 2 x 4 for my girl all in white with a white kitchen too and the colors come from fleece flippers cases- 11 different ones to be exact. No way to get bored with a color or design! lol

Check out the cages and fleece links here to the store. They have a lot of cool things for gps aside from the c & c cage. They also have every color of bases you can get so you have more choice than just white.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.