Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Grids on clearance at Walmart!!!

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Hey!
So I went to Walmart tonight to get a few piggy-related things, and found myself meandering down the clearance aisle when suddenly... there the were. A stockpile of those plastic and metal grids for only $10! I am SO excited to have found these because they will work perfectly to add height to my piggies cage! There's 16 in the box!
I am not sure if it's every Walmart or just mine (in Greenville, NC) but it's worth a look if you're there! The clearance aisle was by the greenhouse area and between the pet and home repair section.

Just wanted to put out the alert :)

Buggie_00

Cavy Slave
Nice Score!!! Congrats! I'm in the same region so I'm going to go look if they have them in our area tomorrow and if they do I'll add that info here so people in the Charleston, SC area can find them too. Super cool find. It's an obscession, every time I go to a store I look for things I can use for the pigs

Scintie

Cavy Slave
The ones that have small holes? I picked some up a while back and the last was nice enough to mark them down for me. Apparently they don't sell all too well.

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Well if they keep them at $10/box then I'll be a frequent buyer!
Yes, they are the ones with the small holes. I can't find any pictures. Does anyone have experience with these grids? Will these grids plus their tarp (then towels and fleece) be sturdy enough? I do not want to risk injury.
Thanks!

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hey! That's cool! But, luckily I don't need any more grids right now. I have 20+ that I got for free from my friend and her cousin. :D I should see if I can go to Walmart anyway. Never hurts to have more grids! :)

boofp

Cavy Slave
I have the exact ones I did see them for ten at our walmart as well.

Buggie_00

Cavy Slave
I hoard them, my husband says he's going to turn me in to that TV show just for hoarding grids. I don't really have that many, I think I have 2 boxes. But to him any more than are currently being used is too many.

Sl and S

Cavy Slave
ugh i got some of these like 4 weeks ago and i went to go get more and couldnt find any. im so mad bc now ill have mismatched grids :(

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
ugh i got some of these like 4 weeks ago and i went to go get more and couldnt find any. im so mad bc now ill have mismatched grids :(

It's okay, I am going to have mismatched grids too! I'm using the new ones for the base of their cage, and keep their current, more open grids for the top so I can still see them and watch them from my bed :)

grace505

Cavy Slave
I hoard them, my husband says he's going to turn me in to that TV show just for hoarding grids. I don't really have that many, I think I have 2 boxes. But to him any more than are currently being used is too many.

I don't think you can have too many, I always find things to do with mine. I bought one box..., then two boxes..., now I'm considering a third box very seriously! I'll have to check the clearance ones, because I have to order them online, although Wal-Mart does have free site to store shipping, otherwise i think it'd be very costly due to the weight!

dschuna

Cavy Slave
i just picked up two boxes for $10 each at my walmart!! ;)

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
i just picked up two boxes for $10 each at my walmart!! ;)
Glad to know they still have them! Hopefully they'll have them in a week when I return to my Walmart!
Do I need 16 more grids? Well, no.. But you can never have too many grids! :D

Cinpepmeg

Cavy Slave
Nice buy!! Even though I'm no where near you I'm going to check my local Walmart. They sell those grids pretty cheap anyways but a sale is never a bad thing and even better now since I'm possibly moving soon to a house with enough space for a whol guinea pig room and I will be expanding their cage! :)

boofp

Cavy Slave
I love them

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Gah! I just spent $30 at target for a box of the ones with the massive holes. I'm actually using them for their intended purpose as shelving for my dorm, but I can't use them for the pigs once I'm done... -_-

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Gah! I just spent $30 at target for a box of the ones with the massive holes. I'm actually using them for their intended purpose as shelving for my dorm, but I can't use them for the pigs once I'm done... -_-

Return them and go to Walmart! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.