Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Feet Feet?

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Both my girls back feet seem pinker than normal. I never really paid attention to them before and they don't act like they are in pain. However it looked like the top layer of skin was sloughing off and Navi's back right has a sort of crust on it. She won't let me hold her long enough in a position that I can check it out to see if it is just dirty or not.

I just looked up the local vet as I haven't found one since moving and they do have someone on staff that treats rabbits and cavies. Only one so I am thinking that since each vet lists their specialty on the web site it's ok.

I'm more concerned with Navi at the moment. But since I just got my tax return I might as will get them in for a check up.

Im waiting on them go call back.

I don't quite know what bumblefoot looks like and I hope it isn't that.

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Update: They got us in with tue guinea pig vet right away. This place actually gives a discount for the second office visit if you bring them both in together. So thats a plus.

We will meet the new doc tomorrow. Cross your fingers.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hope all goes well. Sending positive thought to you and your herd. :)

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
Some guinea pigs get calluses from soft bed bedding like fleece. My neutered male gets them all the time. They don't hurt him or affect his mobility. I would imagine it is something like that. My girl doesn't get anything like that. Her feet are fine.

Awesome that you are straight off to the vets with them!

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
By evening that foot began to look more like a pressure sore like I'd see on one of my patients. I am glad we have an appointment today now. I spent all day trying to start my lawn mower to no avail (my borough is going to fine me soon it is so tall) that I forgot to pick up epsom salts.

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
I spent all day trying to start my lawn mower to no avail (my borough is going to fine me soon it is so tall) that I forgot to pick up epsom salts.

I'm not sure what a borough is but if you saw the state of my front yard or back yard... My elderly neighbour recently offered to assist me by gardening for me... Whoops!

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
That's funny Grace.

The borough is the municpality I live in. So the town and whatever surrounding areas the town has claimed fit under their laws.

Just picked up the girls (who ignored their hay last night. Weird) whatever was on her back heel sloughed off and now it's just pink skin underneath. This is like as soon as you call the pediatrician your kid's fever breaks lol.

Oh well. Appointment soon. Will report back later.

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Update:
Feet are fine. One spot on Scarletts (not Navi go figure) she wants me to keep an eye on and just call if it gets worse and she will preacribe something nit she thinks that is just how her back paw is shaped.

The girls got a clean bill of health and as much as I was dreading that bill it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Great news that the girls are healthy!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Awesome! Glad everything is as it should be!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.