Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression I dont know what to do

3piggos

Cavy Gazer
i got one guinea pig from Petsmart at the age of 3 months old, her name is ginny and she is about to turn one. After about one month, my friend was giving away 2 guinea pigs, they were like 3 years old so i got them and i got them a really big cage and they never fought till now. i got them a top level to their house and my little piggy(ginny) was there and so was one of my big pigs (CoCo) and coco was being really mean and pushed her off the top level and she fell down the ramp and i got so scared that maybe she got hurt but thank god she didn't. I dont know what to do because its almost happened before do i sell the mean one or do i separate them?

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Hi are you sure they are all girls? How big is the cage? What type of hideouts do you have? A picture would be helpful

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Squabbles WILL happen from time to time. No one ever gets along perfectly 100% of the time. But more information like how big your cage is, and photos of how it's set up would help us, help you. Your pig should never be able to fall down a ramp or be pushed off a second level.

If you can, give us some photos so we can help determine what, if any changes need to be made.

3piggos

Cavy Gazer
Pigsss.jpg
Hi are you sure they are all girls? How big is the cage? What type of hideouts do you have? A picture would be helpful

we had concerns that coco was a boy at first but we brought them all to the vet and got them all checked and they were all girls, as you can see there are 4 hideouts

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There's way too much furniture in that cage. They need flat spaces to run around and have room to stay out of each other's faces. You can always hang some fleece forests to break up the sight lines so they can't always see each other, but they need room to move around.

That cage is also an appropriate size for one pig, but definitely not for three. I'd take the loft off and enlarge the cage.

3piggos

Cavy Gazer
we took it off once before and enlarged it, i dont have the plastic base that i need, its ruining the wood i have underneath the cage.

lissie

Cavy Slave
we took it off once before and enlarged it, i dont have the plastic base that i need, its ruining the wood i have underneath the cage.
You can use plastic shower curtain under the cage. For three pigs, the cage should be at least 2x5 grids. The larger the better.

3piggos

Cavy Gazer
You can use plastic shower curtain under the cage. For three pigs, the cage should be at least 2x5 grids. The larger the better.

Does it it work the same as a regular cage bottom?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
All any plastic base is doing is keeping the moisture from the urine from seeping below it. If you use a shower curtain, you just have to make sure the pigs can't get to it, because they'll eat it.

3piggos

Cavy Gazer
All any plastic base is doing is keeping the moisture from the urine from seeping below it. If you use a shower curtain, you just have to make sure the pigs can't get to it, because they'll eat it.

this has been so helpful, as of tomorrow I?m hoping to go out and see if I can purchase an add on to the cage, thank you so much

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.