Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps Enclosed ramps...need advice.

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
Looking into putting a loft up. It will be the kitchen area so a must for all the piggies to go up and down the ramp. I have a couple older pigs that do not go up an open ramp thus the need for an enclosed ramp. Ideas? Biggest girl is almost 1,200g so I need a nice width sized one. I do not have time to go through the pictures on here tonight as I have a ton of assignments to get done..shouldn't really be posting this but I am because I need some help! Thanks.

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
I am going to use black water tubing. It's waterproof, already has ridges to help traction, VERY easy to cut to size and VERY easy to find. Plus, comes in a lot of different sizes. Look at a hardware or home improvement store. Or ask Dad/Uncle/etc if they may have some laying around in the garage/shed/basement/etc. My Hubs has a 12' long chunk in the garage he said I have free access to :) i'm going to use a bent grid or two to support it.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Biggest girl is almost 1,200g so I need a nice width sized one.
The black pipe will be too small for your girl. Try bent grids ramp. You can make them as wide as you want.

(broken link removed)

If that's too narrow, you can use the full grid.
(broken link removed)

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
@lissie, I like your first picture, my question, what do you use as traction? just the towel?

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Oh I see, thanks :D

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
Sorry for the late reply but I have a C&C ramp from Guinea Pig Cages that I can use. But how would I enclose it. Like it literally HAS to be dark or they won't go in it. I was thinking of buying a few more book covers from Ollie's and bending a grid around it all the way down. With our big girl, I need a taller encloser rather than a wider one :)

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
image.jpg

Here are some pictures of my tube. Not sure how exactly big Rodney is (haven't had a scales yet) but he and Stripers go up and down just fine.

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
I shake the poo out... That's what I did with the run-through tubes. They don't pee in them. I don't know if they will pee in the ramp or not. I can reach in to get stray bits of hay out.

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
So I was using the ramp from Guinea Pig Cages and covered it in fleece today. While it works, it's pretty tight for even the babies so I think I'm going to go get a black tube and at least try it out. If not, I'm going to have to redo the entire ramp/coro for the loft...and I do not want to go through that again! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.