Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Where to buy Cubes in UK

piggyland1

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, do you know if netto still sells the cubes? I would check it out myself but it is AGEESS awayy so just wondered if anyone had visited their local netto recently and seen some grids? By the way I am from Nottingham so if anyone has seen them near Nottingham that would be extra brill! Any other CHEAP places as lots of places you have mentioned either don't sell them anymore or are rather expensive :unsure: Thank you! x

3piggiepigs

Cavy Slave
JTF warehouse sell them (only mesh) but in pink and silver they are on page 8 of the mailer if you go on their site

piggyland1

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! You are an absolute star! Do you know how much they are? I tried going on the website but it just came up with 10 sections that it didn't let me click on so I couldn't find out? Andyway thank you again!!

3piggiepigs

Cavy Slave
£7 for 13 grids :)

utf-8BSU1HMDEyMTYtMjAxMTEyMjctMTEzOS5qcGc.jpg

heres my cage
utf-8BSU1HMDEyNzQtMjAxMjAxMTUtMTQ1Ni5qcGc.jpg

and my shop (broken link removed) (just incase lol)

piggyland1

Cavy Slave
How many grids come in that amazon one? And thank you 3piggiepigs you have helped a bunch! And they are so pretty! ;) P.s you cage looks fab! x

Feliciew

Cavy Slave
26 grids, 32 connectors, and a bunch of zip ties. Far more than I needed! So I built a collapsible run with the spares.

Kyrumption

Cavy Slave
OMG! Why can't I have a JTF warehouse near me! I can't find anywhere that sells the small mesh grids! And pink too. :sad: And cheap also!

wagthestick

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

wagthestick

Cavy Slave
Just found these
(broken link removed)

traceyennis

Cavy Slave
Found these which are perfect for a c&c cage and not too pricey either (broken link removed)

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
I'd like to purchase 17 regular white or black grids, and the postage is 114 US dollars on guineapigzone.com :O so I can't get them from there.
The links (including Argos ones) are mostly out of date and don't work. Anyone know of anywhere to get cheap cubes as we can't really afford to pay out loads for a cage.

traceyennis

Cavy Slave
@ cathipiggie...you can buy grids from the link I provided above. You get 20 grids, 22 connectors and they cost £30.79 which includes free delivery!

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave

James342

Cavy Slave
Found these which are perfect for a c&c cage and not too pricey either (broken link removed)
Excalent! much appreciated, might have to order 2 lots =] where would u recommend getting ramps and other accessories tracey?

traceyennis

Cavy Slave
@James342.

Hi James. I noticed on one of your posts that you're wanting to build a multi storey cage for your 2 guinea pigs and so if you do then I would recommend getting your correx from this site (broken link removed) You'll find the correx in the furniture protection section. A single board will fit a 2x4 c&c cage perfectly!

For the ramp & other accessories I use this site (broken link removed) I tend to buy in bulk to last me a few mths as my pigs love the chew tubes and so I make sure to spend the £29 minimum to qualify for free delivery ( saves ordering individual items & paying lots of postage!)

When my pigs were young I used the ramp from petplanet but had to lower my second level of cage to the 7th grid up from the bottom as found it to be a bit steep otherwise. I also added some pieces of wood to the side for extra protection. When my pigs were older I then bent 2 grids in half and cable tied them together and then covered them in correx and fleece ( this may be a better option for you from the start if you have any spare grids)

I hope some of this will be useful to you.

James342

Cavy Slave
Thanx Tracey. I will take all this in consideration =] im going 2 make a multi storey cage probably more square as i have the perfect place in my bungalow for them! Within the next 2 months i think i will order all the items as they are still small (6weeks) and the cage we got may be small but will do for the time being. Im currently out of work due to a broken thumb so no income on my behalf atm :[ I will post again hopefully with some pics.
Looks 4ward to reading more posts, thanx again.
J

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
I'm not getting 17 grids anymore , but I do need 10 (I may make a 6 inch high second level for my piggie) instead.
I don't really want to buy a lot, I think one of the 3 cube sets will work. Anyone got any links to a 10 grid or 3 cube system (and anywhere that sells connectors if they don't come with the product you listed)??
I've just been through most of the links listed on this thread, including Argos, Asda, B&Q, Tesco Direct, Screfix, Wickes, Displaysense etc but NOTHING. My mum refuses to pay much, and I’ve been doing several searches (like ‘mesh cubes’ ‘wire grids’ ‘wire cubes’ ‘storage cubes’ etc on any site that might have the slightest chance of selling. Still nothing :(

Elthysia

Cavy Slave
I've used this place: Wire Cube Magazine Display

(if link doesn't work go to receptionspace.co.uk and look for 'wire cube')

20 squares, 22 corners for £24.95 (+4.95 delivery). eBay is 26 squares for £36.50 + £8.00 delivery. Receptionspace is only other place I have found them apart from eBay/amazon Seller Grendle. They know UK struggles to get c&c grids and bumped the price.

I hope this helps, I was pretty chuffed as its nice to spend £29 rather than £44.50 for a few less grids but still enough to make a 2x4 cage for my 2 piggies.

I hope this helps someone before it gets lost amongst posts in this thread

Elmo525

Cavy Slave
I don't know if you've found any yet as this was posted ages ago but for anyone else looking I got mine from a lady who makes c&c cage kits. Everything u need. Delivery cost is £15 but i couldn't grumble as all I had to do was fix up the cage. (broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.