Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning What kind of laundry detergent does everyone like?

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
I use Kirkland laundry detergent and bleach from my fleece and towels. I was using vinegar and there was still a noticeable odor on the fleece and towels. When I dry the fleece I use Kirkland dryer sheets. Yes I love Costco!!!!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I use Kirkland laundry detergent and bleach from my fleece and towels. I was using vinegar and there was still a noticeable odor on the fleece and towels. When I dry the fleece I use Kirkland dryer sheets. Yes I love Costco!!!!

Don't ever use dryer sheets. They can cause your fleece to stop wicking.

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
I use All Free and Clear with 1 cup vinegar and 2/3 cup Borax. Might be overkill but it takes care of them smell :)

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
Thank you MrWhistles. I never new that, I always use dryer sheets. I will stop using them and see what a difference it makes.

Don't ever use dryer sheets. They can cause your fleece to stop wicking.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I use All Free and Clear on all of our clothing and the guinea pig stuff. I use Oxiclean when the laundry needs a boost. I do not use vinegar because it makes my kids break out in hives.

emttami

Cavy Slave
I use baby Dreft laundry detergent & add a cup of vinegar in with it. It works great, have never had any problems but I might have to try the All Free & Clear :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.