Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy What should you get your pig for Christmas (Or other holidays)?

• Thread starter TheGuineaPigGal
  • Start date

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
As you all may know, today is the first day of December. Holidays season is upon us. I assume many of you celebrate these holiday traditions with your pigs, as I do, and you may be wondering what to give your pig during these special times. I came up with a couple ideas to get you started

FOR CHRISTMAS

"Piggy advent calendar" This is the typical advent calendar, but instead of chocolate inside, you will put pea flakes inside! You can get advent calanders at your local dollar store. You open all the flaps, (Eat or throw away the chocolate as you choose) and put one flake in each flap, and close it. This is a fun and safe way to celebrate Christmas with your pigs

I had a few ideas for other holidays, but I am still working out kinks :)

So what to get your pig??

For Christmas for our pigs, we are expanding their cage a little bit. It can be as simple as that. You could also buy them some new hides, or maybe get them some new chew toys (like these)

If you have a pig that likes tunnels try this https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/you-and-me-small-crinkle-tunnel-striped

If your looking at getting your pigs buff, try these: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/you-and-me-small-animal-dumbbells (They are wood chews)

If you want to teach your pig how to draw: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/you-and-me-pencil-wood-chews

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/ware-roll-n-carrot-chew-toy

:)

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
It’s fun shopping for guinea pigs. One thing I will say is make sure the crinkle tunnel is washable because they will sit inside and use it for a toilet. For an easy tunnel I take one of the wire cage grids and bend it to about 90 degrees. Then cover it with a stretchy book cover, or make a fabric cover with flaps like a book cover, and set that up. With no floor there is no mess and the cover can be taken off and put in the laundry.

700295DD-FBDE-4C3B-9B6D-A7F580915A97.jpg

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
It’s fun shopping for guinea pigs. One thing I will say is make sure the crinkle tunnel is washable because they will sit inside and use it for a toilet. For an easy tunnel I take one of the wire cage grids and bend it to about 90 degrees. Then cover it with a stretchy book cover, or make a fabric cover with flaps like a book cover, and set that up. With no floor there is no mess and the cover can be taken off and put in the laundry.

View attachment 87444

Very cute pig! What's their name? And I looked again, and I do not see anything saying it is washable.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
This little pampered pig is Lacey. I adopted her 3 years ago and she turned 4 this summer.

Another option for a tunnel is one I posted before - the stack and nest plastic bins at Dollar Tree. They have several colors and when you flip them over they make great tunnels. Lacey likes to drag hers around and rearrange her cage.

7A35073D-FF00-4461-AEDD-5B8DA8DD9804.jpg 41A3F579-29D9-48A5-A3FA-82D806EE4B6C.jpg

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
This little pampered pig is Lacey. I adopted her 3 years ago and she turned 4 this summer.

Another option for a tunnel is one I posted before - the stack and nest plastic bins at Dollar Tree. They have several colors and when you flip them over they make great tunnels. Lacey likes to drag hers around and rearrange her cage.

View attachment 87446 View attachment 87447

Haha, The way I arrange things in their cage is NEVER good enough for them.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Neat! I will check that thread out [MENTION=42766]ItsaZoo[/MENTION]

christel.plonke

Cavy Gazer
Hi TheGuineaPigGal,

my thought is a Gift for us. I found this really funny Shirt of the GuineaPig with the true Quote. I bought one for my Mum for Christmas, she really freaked out :)
(broken link removed)

A13usaonutL._AC_CLa_2140,2000_71iosxVRJqL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_UL1500_.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are several sites with Guinea Pig themed shirts. I myself have two Christmas themed piggie shirts !

Merry Pigmas I got two years ago. The other one I absolutely had to have. I saw that shirt about a month after I lost my baby Punkin. The pig on the shirt could be his twin.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Cute shirts guys!

christel.plonke

Cavy Gazer
Awsome!! :) Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.