Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Soooo much fun and u can do it too.

meggymoomoo

Cavy Slave
Hi in my house we have lots of cardboard boxes and we are always looking for ways to make them useful. Here's my latest idea. :p
So basically it's a maze of tunnels made of all different boxes.
So the boxes ends are cut open and there are doors for them to go in. In the orange juice container there is hay, in the all brown box I put veggies in the holes for them to try to get out (they always do) and they run around and around. They get so much exercise and we love to watch them!

Attachments

image.jpg

meggymoomoo

Cavy Slave
Please excuse the poop

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
That looks so fun!

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Hahaha! I am sure my girls would go nuts for those! I am going to have to make those! :D Thanks for the idea.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't give them corrugated cardboard because the glue isn't safe for them. Someone I know worked at a place where they made boxes and said there can be ground glass and metal in the cardboard. The food boxes are safe. I'm also not sure about the juice container. It has a waxy coating on it so I don't know if it would cause problems if they chew on it. Maybe someone else knows whether that's safe or not.

meggymoomoo

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't give them corrugated cardboard because the glue isn't safe for them. Someone I know worked at a place where they made boxes and said there can be ground glass and metal in the cardboard. The food boxes are safe. I'm also not sure about the juice container. It has a waxy coating on it so I don't know if it would cause problems if they chew on it. Maybe someone else knows whether that's safe or not.

Thank you pinky but I promise u all 4 of my siblings sat there and watched the pigs the full hour they were in there and I made sure they ate only the hay and lettuce. Thank you for your concern. :)

mortyandtrixie

Cavy Slave
That's too Cute!

adelore

Cavy Slave
What a great idea, using the box's that way. As most of you know I'm a Truck Driver and yes the corrugated cardboard box's really aren't that safe. I haul big rolls of the corrugated cardboard from one plant to another a few states away, then it's made into box's. The glue would not be good if they ate it, could upset their digestive system, to say the least.

With that said, since you all watched them and they were too busy playing ect. I'm sure just playing in the box's wouldn't hurt them. I've got to try some of your ideas with the hay and veggies....I'll bet my 3 girls will just love it. Thanks for sharing your idea.

meggymoomoo

Cavy Slave
What a great idea, using the box's that way. As most of you know I'm a Truck Driver and yes the corrugated cardboard box's really aren't that safe. I haul big rolls of the corrugated cardboard from one plant to another a few states away, then it's made into box's. The glue would not be good if they ate it, could upset their digestive system, to say the least.

With that said, since you all watched them and they were too busy playing ect. I'm sure just playing in the box's wouldn't hurt them. I've got to try some of your ideas with the hay and veggies....I'll bet my 3 girls will just love it. Thanks for sharing your idea.
They really love it and they get so much excercise

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.