Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Pancake is so lazy. Should I be concerned?

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
It seems like all my pig Pancake does is lie around. She eats fine, gets excited about veggies, poops and pees fine. She has not lost any weight. Could it be her age? She is 6 years old. I mean, I don't expect her to get up and do the dishes or anything. I just want to make sure she is okay and all :)

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Does she have a companion to keep her active?

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
Yes, she has 2 cage mates.

rolandinthehay

Cavy Slave
All my pigs are lazy too. Two of them are together, and one is separated by a grid. They have lots of space to run, but it only happens very occasionally. The only time they really go crazy is when I'm approaching with hay, pellets, or veggies. Even during floortime they walk around slowly and then lay.

VansChar

Cavy Gazer
My guinea pig has become more lazy and lazy throughout the years, without necessarily losing his enthusiasm and habits ( squeaking, purring, demanding veggies etc) - He even drags himself with his hidey house to his water bottle when he doesn't feel like leaving it!!!!!!!
I think that if she's breathing properly, eating properly and not going through any big personality changes, your pig is fine, just getting old. Keep an eye on her to see if anything changes dramatically.

rolandinthehay

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig has become more lazy and lazy throughout the years, without necessarily losing his enthusiasm and habits ( squeaking, purring, demanding veggies etc) - He even drags himself with his hidey house to his water bottle when he doesn't feel like leaving it!!!!!!!
I think that if she's breathing properly, eating properly and not going through any big personality changes, your pig is fine, just getting old. Keep an eye on her to see if anything changes dramatically.

He drags his house with him! That is too funny!lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.