Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Little Chirps while cuddling on my shoulders

Georgewsmomma

Cavy Gazer
Hi all! George W loves to lay on my shoulder. He makes these little chirp like noises, eyes half closed & sniffs me. Is he happy? Scared? Well I can?t up load the video. But here?s a photo to at least see his body language. I can private message my video? [emoji24]
409c86afda15d39dad4702198af83234.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
Hi all! George W loves to lay on my shoulder. He makes these little chirp like noises, eyes half closed & sniffs me. Is he happy? Scared? Well I can?t up load the video. But here?s a photo to at least see his body language. I can private message my video? [emoji24]
409c86afda15d39dad4702198af83234.jpg

Judging by what you are saying his is most likely pretty happy. No one really knows that guinea pig chirps mean.

Sidenote last time a chirping question was asked I looked up the sound and played it. My dog started barking frantically which I thought I should note the next time someone asked.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Georgewsmomma

Cavy Gazer
Judging by what you are saying his is most likely pretty happy. No one really knows that guinea pig chirps mean.

Sidenote last time a chirping question was asked I looked up the sound and played it. My dog started barking frantically which I thought I should note the next time someone asked.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

He?s literally licking my neck, rumbling a little & sniffing me. I sure hope he?s happy. My hearts wants him to be!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
He?s literally licking my neck, rumbling a little & sniffing me. I sure hope he?s happy. My hearts wants him to be!

That is one happy piggy! :D Look at the pic for yourself. If he was scared in any way, his eyes would be wide and you could see a thin gray/white membrane that is visible when their eyes are open in fright. Your boy's eyes are relaxed and he is actually smiling (looks like that).

Both our boys are very vocal and love to snuggle on one's neck. Sparky will rumble and make chut-chut noises almost the entire time. I have cuddled the boys on my chest since they were babies and that's still their place of safety. They will compete to see who can get the highest on one's chest and closest to the face. My 3 lb Sparky will often lie diagonal so that he can block Chip and thus be the favorite with "Mommy".

Georgewsmomma

Cavy Gazer
If he was scared, he would probably be running away rather than staying on your shoulder. Sounds like a happy pig to me.

Thank you!!! That makes me feel at ease. He laid there making his noises and purring for a good hour and a half. Now he?s in his cage!

Georgewsmomma

Cavy Gazer
That is one happy piggy! :D Look at the pic for yourself. If he was scared in any way, his eyes would be wide and you could see a thin gray/white membrane that is visible when their eyes are open in fright. Your boy's eyes are relaxed and he is actually smiling (looks like that).

Both our boys are very vocal and love to snuggle on one's neck. Sparky will rumble and make chut-chut noises almost the entire time. I have cuddled the boys on my chest since they were babies and that's still their place of safety. They will compete to see who can get the highest on one's chest and closest to the face. My 3 lb Sparky will often lie diagonal so that he can block Chip and thus be the favorite with "Mommy".

Oh thank you!!! 3 lbs?! He must be impressive. We love hanging George W! And you just made my day!!

Georgewsmomma

Cavy Gazer
Oh thank you!!! 3 lbs?! He must be impressive. We love hanging George W! And you just made my day!!

Having. Not hanging [emoji25]

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Looking at that pic, I have to agree. That is one happy, content piggy. And the fact that his eyes are almost closed means he's VERY comfortable where he is, and he trusts you.

Georgewsmomma

Cavy Gazer
Looking at that pic, I have to agree. That is one happy, content piggy. And the fact that his eyes are almost closed means he's VERY comfortable where he is, and he trusts you.

He?s made leaps and bounds of change today! I?m elated to how comfy he is. I put him back to his cage & he actually purred. Typically he runs like I?m a serial killer!! ♥️♥️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.