Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Guinea pig Illnesses

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Ok so you may be wondering why does someone question about illnesses for an animal I already own. So the places I looked they didn’t explain the illnesses well and no pictures and how to check. I want to know all of the most common illnesses causes and if it is contagious and symptoms. The reason is my baby Sunny I found out was sick when it was too late, but Princess we brought to the vet too and had the same sickness and was treated and still living happily to this day. So what is a URI is my main question and how to stop illnesses soon as possible because I know guinea pigs hide their illnesses dry well. ( I know this is the wrong discussion board but I want to save the treads when my piggies are sick or not feeling well.)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Let this be the medical thread for your pigs, and keep all your medical questions about them here.

A URI is an upper respiratory infection.

Sometimes you can stop an illness, other times not. The best thing to do is to weigh your pigs regularly, preferably before breakfast, and keep a record of their weights.

Weight loss is often the first sign of illness. Sneezing and nasal draining can indicate a URI, bloody urine can be a sign of a bladder infection, blood on the private parts can be a sign of something wrong in the reproductive tract, squeaking when peeing often means bladder stones.

For more info on illnesses, see www.guinealynx.info.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Let this be the medical thread for your pigs, and keep all your medical questions about them here.

A URI is an upper respiratory infection.

Sometimes you can stop an illness, other times not. The best thing to do is to weigh your pigs regularly, preferably before breakfast, and keep a record of their weights.

Weight loss is often the first sign of illness. Sneezing and nasal draining can indicate a URI, bloody urine can be a sign of a bladder infection, blood on the private parts can be a sign of something wrong in the reproductive tract, squeaking when peeing often means bladder stones.

For more info on illnesses, see www.guinealynx.info.
Thank you very much I will start doing that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.