Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Can anyone recommend a decent scale?

Scooterpig

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I'm looking for a set of scales for weighing my piggies and was wondering what would be best. I've been using my kitchen scales but the boys are pretty big now and it's tricky getting them to sit on the scale as they're so long! lol I've looked at other kitchen scales but none of them seem to be much bigger than mine.

I started looking at pet scales on and am thinking about this model
https://www.amazon.com/W-C-Redmon-Precision-Digital-Scale/dp/B00583EGVI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Only thing is, it measures in 1/2 oz or 0.01kg (10g) increments. Is that accurate enough? Or is there another scale I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Rach84

Cavy Slave
I have gotten a large plastic bowl to weigh my boys in now coz they got too big for the one on the scales I just make sure it's on 0 with the bowl on before I put 1 in xx

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
I have gotten a large plastic bowl to weigh my boys in now coz they got too big for the one on the scales I just make sure it's on 0 with the bowl on before I put 1 in xx

This is what I do with my kitchen scale. Just make sure it's not too wide a container that you can't read the scale ;) Narrower and taller works so they can't make a break for it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.