Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I am having to rehome my males

aspecht

Cavy Slave
My husband and I have decided that we need to adopt out our male guinea pigs. We have had some personal issues come up and we just can't handle seven guinea pigs any longer. I hate having to do this and it is breaking my heart, but it is what is best for my family. We are in Michigan. I'd be willing to travel a little to ensure they get a good home. I have them paired currently, but would be willing to separate them for the right home. I also have to rehome my Netherland Dwarf Rabbit, Max. I have found that I am allergic to him. :( Please contact me on here if you can help take these boys. I love them so much and want to make sure they get into great homes where they will be well taken care of.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I would refer you to the rescue I volunteer at, but they are full to the brim right now.
I will message them and see if they know of any other rescues that might be able to take them if you are unable to re-home them yourself.
Are you trying to re-home all 7 guinea pigs, or just a few?

Have you posted an add on the GPzone yet?

Last edited:

Aleks

Cavy Slave
@aspecht One of the owners of the rescue i volunteer for has gotten in contact with a rescue that will take in your rabbit.
Since you're allergic to him, I honestly think this would be a better option than trying to re-home him on your own first, so you don't end up going into anaphylactic shock or anything like that.
I'm waiting for her to message me back about which rescue it is, she should reply some time tonight and I'll let you know.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I'm sorry you have to do this. You have taken such good care of that bunny! Hopefully he will get into the rescue and have another chance a good home. =)

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So sorry you're having to give your pigs away, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they all go to great homes for you!

aspecht

Cavy Slave
@aspecht Midwest Rabbit Rescue is the rescue that is willing to take in your rabbit.
https://www.rabbitrr.org/index.html
https://www.facebook.com/rabbitrr.org

UI had already contacted them. They told me I would have to wait several months before they could help me. I really really hate doing this. :( Max has thrived since coming here. He is such a happy, frisky rabbit, and has finally filled out. I also hate the fact that I'm trying to rehome on my own. My biggest fear is that he will end up outside. :(

Aleks

Cavy Slave
UI had already contacted them. They told me I would have to wait several months before they could help me. I really really hate doing this. :( Max has thrived since coming here. He is such a happy, frisky rabbit, and has finally filled out. I also hate the fact that I'm trying to rehome on my own. My biggest fear is that he will end up outside. :(

Hmm.. They're saying now that they will take him in. Try again, and tell them you're the person that Barb Douyard at Wonderland Rabbit Rescue talked to them about.
I will also send barb a message telling her that you had tried and see what she says.

Matchamom

Cavy Slave
Where are you in Michigan? Just asking since I'm in Indiana.

Did you post this on guinea pig zone Facebook? I would be willing to repost for you.

RainbowGuinea

Cavy Slave
How far would you be willing to travel? I live in Chicago and I'm looking to adopt a male or two (if my current living situation allows for it). I have two males of my own and live in a very spacious place. I would love to see a picture of your pigs and talk about possibly adopting them if they haven't already been adopted.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
@RainbowGuinea, I am on the other side of the state, but would be willing to travel to Kalamazoo. That would be about halfway. @Aleks, I emailed them and never got a response. Can you have them email me? My email is [email protected]. @Matchamom, I live in Saginaw, but again would be willing to meet down around Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo. I have tried to post to guineapigzone without success. IDK why it won't go through.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
DSC01055_zps6ddd7f92.jpg
Max is a 2 1/2 year old Netherland Dwarf
DSC00925_zps4e98580d.jpg
This is Moe, he is about 1 1/2 years old. He is a tri colored Abby. Moe is really sweet and loving. Very laid back. Moe gets along well with Niko and Henry, but cannot be housed with Gus.
DSC00905_zpsfb9ed67c.jpg
This is Gus. He is around 2 years old, and an orange and white American. He is a bit on the dominant side. He can be very pushy. He doesn't like to be held for long.

63319ee5-25f4-46d1-89b5-d02afc9facaf_zpscfbb7c2a.jpg
This is Henry. He is now close to a year old. He is a sweet heart, but can also be a bit dominant. He is housed with Gus. They get along fine, but there is often rumblestrutting between the two. Nothing major though. Henry LOVES cuddles. He can be hard to catch though. Henry is a mostly white with black face American Crested.
DSC00581_zps9a153bd3.jpg
This is Niko. Niko can also be slightly dominant. He is housed with Moe, and the two get along very well. Niko also gets along with Henry. Niko is about 10 months old and is a tortoiseshell (brown and orange) American. He is a sweet piggy, hard to catch but likes to be held for short periods. Once he is done being held, he will either pee on you, or give you a warning nip. (Won't draw blood.)

sweetbacon

Cavy Slave
My husband and I have decided that we need to adopt out our male guinea pigs. We have had some personal issues come up and we just can't handle seven guinea pigs any longer. I hate having to do this and it is breaking my heart, but it is what is best for my family. We are in Michigan. I'd be willing to travel a little to ensure they get a good home. I have them paired currently, but would be willing to separate them for the right home. I also have to rehome my Netherland Dwarf Rabbit, Max. I have found that I am allergic to him. :( Please contact me on here if you can help take these boys. I love them so much and want to make sure they get into great homes where they will be well taken care of.

I wish you lived closer i live by detroit. I have been looking for another male to keep my male company. sorry you have to rehome them. :(

Aleks

Cavy Slave
@Aleks , I emailed them and never got a response. Can you have them email me? My email is [email protected].
Absolutely! I'm going to the rescue when I get off work, so Barb and I will get in touch with them about it as soon as I get there.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
@aspecht
I just heard back from Barb, she said she got an email from them last night saying they haven't heard from you, and that if they don't hear from you by today that they can't take him in.
I don't like this, I don't see how they aren't getting your emails.

It doesn't matter though, Wonderland has had some adoptions recently, so Barb said they will definitely take him in now that they have the room for him.
Sorry for all of the confusion, I have no idea what Midwest's issue with their email or whatever is.
I volunteer at Wonderland almost every day, and I can assure you Max will be getting lots of love and attention there.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I wish you lived closer i live by detroit. I have been looking for another male to keep my male company. sorry you have to rehome them. :(

I live in Saginaw. I'm only about two hours from Detroit and willing to travel there if you can give one a GREAT home.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
@aspecht
I just heard back from Barb, she said she got an email from them last night saying they haven't heard from you, and that if they don't hear from you by today that they can't take him in.
I don't like this, I don't see how they aren't getting your emails.

It doesn't matter though, Wonderland has had some adoptions recently, so Barb said they will definitely take him in now that they have the room for him.
Sorry for all of the confusion, I have no idea what Midwest's issue with their email or whatever is.
I volunteer at Wonderland almost every day, and I can assure you Max will be getting lots of love and attention there.

I will try to email them again. The one link to their website keeps getting flagged as malicious on my browser? Maybe that's part of the problem?

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
@aspecht
First of all, I am so sorry you have to rehome your babies and I hope everything works out for you. I considered it for a little while when I had financial issues but things got better and I am able to keep them.
This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with GPs but an elderly couple that I clean for every few weeks is from Saginaw. Small world :) Just thought I'd share lol they live in FL now.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
@aspecht
First of all, I am so sorry you have to rehome your babies and I hope everything works out for you. I considered it for a little while when I had financial issues but things got better and I am able to keep them.
This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with GPs but an elderly couple that I clean for every few weeks is from Saginaw. Small world :) Just thought I'd share lol they live in FL now.
Small world for sure

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I will try to email them again. The one link to their website keeps getting flagged as malicious on my browser? Maybe that's part of the problem?

I'm not sure. I will still let them know that you have been trying to get ahold of them, but if it doesn't work out Wonderland Rabbit Rescue can take him in now, so don't feel like Midwest is your only option.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.