Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Out of hay, is it ok if they just eat pellets for a while?

Sakano

Cavy Slave
I ran out of hay today. I went to the store and the store was also out of hay. I ordered doordash from a further away store that I can't get to, but it won't be here until 10pm to 12am, which is still about 6-8 hours away. Will they be ok with just pellets until then?

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If they have pellets I think they'll be fine. While not ideal, it's not like they're going to go hungry.

Do you happen to be lucky enough to perhaps have some nice fresh green grass for them to eat?

Sakano

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately all the grass is covered with several inches of snow right now. They have some hay from this morning in their cage, but they're usually picky about only wanting new hay.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
When my boys are acting like they "need" more hay, I gather all the hay that is scattered around the cage and make a new pile. Maybe that will keep them content for a bit.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Unfortunately all the grass is covered with several inches of snow right now. They have some hay from this morning in their cage, but they're usually picky about only wanting new hay.

I'm in the same boat.

If they do have hay in their cage, as suggested just make a new pile out of it. Hopefully they'll have enough interest in it to tide them over.

Sakano

Cavy Slave
That's a good idea! Hopefully they'll be fooled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.