Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece blankets...

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
Is fleece fleece? Our Walmart had small fleece throws marked to a $1 and heck I can't go into any fabric store and get fleece this cheap. I washed it till it absorbed and I see nothing diff than my $3 a yard fleece. Thoughts? I'm seriously thinking about wiping out their stock at that price.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
As long as it is polyester fleece and seems to work for you, I say go for it. The only issue I can think of with some lower quality fleeces is they are more likely to "pill," making it more difficult to shake hair and hay off and possibly catching on your piggies' nails.

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
@LifeAsItMayBe thank you for the info. I will def look for pilling as I use them.

80s_piggies

Cavy Slave
I use the walmart blankets! So far I love them and have not had an issue, they work the same as the fleece I bought by the yard :)

plum22

Cavy Slave
I also use some walmart blankets(the thicker fleece, sometimes there will be some thin ones that are kinda see through) but the nicer fleece ones are great price and work very well

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I use the cheapest blankets I can find, usually about $2. I've never had any trouble with pilling.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.