Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos First Rex born in the rescue

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Piggly12 -

Mummy, Whaea, made it - she's so tiny now but doing well.

https://www.facebook.com/CavyCareRescue/photos/pcb.958726554146651/958726370813336/?type=1&theater

I didn't make those ones - we have ones from Germany, Canada and America - and ones I've made and some that people made and donated. :)

My camera is a Cannon EOS 1100D, but I've been trying to figure out how to restart it as I've messed something up so It's autofocus doesn't work and I've got to focus it manually. :/

Annews

Cavy Slave
Yes let us know what happened to the mother. How do you take the temperature of a guinea pig?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
All four boys are living together in a 2x6 now. Hopefully they'll be okay living together until we can get them desexed and paired up with their sisters.

His hair looks curly so I'd say he's probably a texel. Rexes and teddies have more bristle-like hair like the one in the other photo. None of mine have ever had curls or waves, even as pups, although I've had some with rougher and softer fur. I'm interested in seeing what he looks like as he gets older so please update with photos. I'd like to see if it straightens out. Either way, he's just too cute!!!

I'm honestly still not sure 100% sure what breed he is! As his hair isn't really growing much longer, not like other long haired babies we've had born here before.

pinky

Cavy Slave
All four boys are living together in a 2x6 now. Hopefully they'll be okay living together until we can get them desexed and paired up with their sisters.

I'm honestly still not sure 100% sure what breed he is! As his hair isn't really growing much longer, not like other long haired babies we've had born here before.

He's definitely one of a kind but an incredibly adorable one. I'd say the closest breed to that resembles him is a Swiss. They have that coarse fur but it's irregular in length.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
Aww what a sweet and happy bunch around the food bowl. They appear to be having a meeting ;)

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
For those wondering how Whaea is doing, she is doing really well! Her hair has grown back and she is rid of the mites.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
His hair looks curly so I'd say he's probably a texel. Rexes and teddies have more bristle-like hair like the one in the other photo. None of mine have ever had curls or waves, even as pups, although I've had some with rougher and softer fur. I'm interested in seeing what he looks like as he gets older so please update with photos. I'd like to see if it straightens out. Either way, he's just too cute!!!

Just to let you know, little Mingimingi has turned out to look mostly like a Rex, short bristle-hair but some is a bit wavy. :)
He is very very handsome

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Cute piggies on your rescue site.

Suzanne really enjoyed fostering for you, but she was very glad to get her Badger back! I was just glad to give him back in one piece and good health -- pig sitting can be worrying if the pig's mom is halfway around the world!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.