Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Need help bending grids!

GreenConverse

Cavy Slave
I want to make a hay rack for Buffy, though I don't how to bend grids.... any ideas/suggestions/help appreciated

:eek:hmy: i just used 2 /'s (don't tell my ELA teacher!)

piggles0117

Cavy Slave
... you just bend it... i dont really understand your question..

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I step on them with my toes about in the middle, and then pull upwards on the grid.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@millsma and @piggles0117, you may just have been lucky. Grids will often break if not bent in the right direction.

If you look carefully at a grid, on one edge there will be a small gap where the wire doesn't quite come together. Put the grid on the floor in front of you with that gap right at your feet, and the opposite solid edge away from you.

Now, look at the small wires. They should be on top of the grid -- if they're not, flip the grid over, left to right.

You should now have the small gap in the big wire right between your toes, and the small wires on top.

Wearing shoes, put your feet as far on the grid as you want it to be bent. If halfway, put your feet almost halfway. If not, put them just a big shorter than where you want the bend.

Grip the far side of the grid with both hands, and pull up evenly. You should have a nicely bent grid.

Occasionally, one of the small wires will pop doing it this way, but if you put the small wires on the bottom and try to bend it, they may all pop off. If you put the gap in the big wire on either side, it may not bend evenly. Same thing if you put the gap on the top and don't pull evenly -- you get a crooked grid.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.