Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ever in Memory of Friar Tuck

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
IMG_20200323_162234420.jpg

Finally ready to create Friar Tuck's memory thread, a wonderful piggy who's story most of you know.

So brave, so shy, so sweet, he was the quirkiest mix of a little piggy, who never met a person who didn't fall in love with him at first sight. Like I did. His personality could not be more like the character he was named for, right down to his colors and crested hairdo ---- a gentle, jolly friar still brave enough to throw in his lot with adventurous outlaws.

He was my first piggy, but because of him he'll never be my last. Because of him, I saved Robin Hood, who was a sneezing, skinny, 4 week old piggy. Robin Hood grew up to be his friend, and is now a strapping, handsome trouble maker twice the size Friar ever was.

We grow flowers in the window closest to where his cage was, where a prism hangs to throw rainbows from the rainbow bridge. Rainbows Robin Hood chases and plays in, every sunny day.

IMG_20210127_115602801_HDR.jpg

There'll always be moments when I miss you, but every moments worth it, and every one to come with furry souls I've saved because of you. Never truly gone, though out of sight, still nearer than you know :love:

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
What a beautiful post. Your words of love about your special boy were so touching. I think it's such a lovely idea to have the flowers and the rainbow prism near where he lived. Friar Tuck had the best life that any piggy could have asked for.

Thank you for giving us a glimpse into his life and for sharing your memories of him. ❤️

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Thank you, [MENTION=17564]Kelsie[/MENTION] :love:

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
He is at the Rainbow Bridge. He is enjoying the unlimited hay, grass, and veggies. But he never forgets you and the love you gave him.
R.I.P Friar Tuck

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Finally ready to create Friar Tuck's memory thread, a wonderful piggy who's story most of you know.

And what a lovely tribute it is! Isn't it nice to have a place where others who share your passion for cavies will understand both the pain and the joy that we experience with having them close to our hearts. The "letting go" is always painful, but the joy that they bring us almost always makes it worth it.

When your heart is ready, consider how much love you have to give and bring another rascally boy into your home to be a new buddy for Robin Hood. He no doubt will be the luckiest guy around! :love:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@MerryFriarTuck

You gave it everything you had. And I'm absolutely certain that little FT knows the lengths you went to for him. And I also know that HE knows that the final decision you had to make was the kindest, most loving one for him that you could.

Saying goodbye is never easy. If it was, it wouldn't be goodbye. Friar Tuck lives on here on the forum, where he is surrounded by friends. As long as we are here, so too shall Friar Tuck be.

But the most important place Friar Tuck remains is in your heart, and in those of your family and his piggie family. Your heart is a bottomless ocean of love for him and in that ocean, he will forever be buoyant.

Rest in peace, Friar Tuck. Know how much you are loved in this life, and how much you are loved at the Rainbow Bridge. I do hope Scooter, Punkin, Sly and even grumpy Pooper have come and introduced themselves. They are troublemakers in their own right, but they'll be your friends.

Chase the rainbows, Robin Hood.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
@MerryFriarTuck

He is burrowing into a mountain of hay as we speak. He is a peace, and he knows you made the right decision, and he thanks you for that.

He loved you from the second he was adopted, and even though he is not here with us on earth, he continues to love you, always and forever

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy.

Thank you for sharing this with us and for sharing Friar Tuck's medical journey with us. Through your love for Friar Tuck, you and he have helped so many and will continue to help so many more through your forum posts. You have given us all an incredible gift.

Rest in peace Friar Tuck you brave, beautiful, sweet boy.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
What a lovely tribute to such a sweet little guy. He was a special guinea pig, that's for sure. What a wonderful idea with the flowers and sun catcher, thanks for posting this.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
That was so heartwarming and sweet. I wish I did something like that for my little Sunny ( Her and Princess were my first guinea pigs but at the time I didn’t want to see her body but know I wish I did. She passed at the vet’s office it was too late, and I was focused caring for sick Princess and supplying more love and care and my tiring search for another partner.) I am so sorry for your loss. That memorial was beautiful. You are right the first guinea pig leads to so many things mistakes, learning, another hidden part in your heart that could never be open by anything else in the world. Rest In Peace Friar Truck.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Thank you, [MENTION=19714]spy9doc[/MENTION] :love:

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much, [MENTION=35161]Guinea Pig Papa[/MENTION]

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much, [MENTION=42345]Smileandnod[/MENTION]

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
And thank you [MENTION=42766]ItsaZoo[/MENTION], [MENTION=46220]GuineaPigQueen1[/MENTION], [MENTION=45903]TheGuineaPigGal[/MENTION], [MENTION=46050]Rosiethecutepig[/MENTION]

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Your idea about the Rainbow prism struck a chord with me. It just fits perfectly with the idea of the Rainbow Bridge where our beloved furballs play and await us.

So, I went on Amazon and ordered my own. Oddly enough I came back here because of a notification I got, and was somewhat surprised to realize that I had ordered the exact same one that you have.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Your idea about the Rainbow prism struck a chord with me. It just fits perfectly with the idea of the Rainbow Bridge where our beloved furballs play and await us.

So, I went on Amazon and ordered my own. Oddly enough I came back here because of a notification I got, and was somewhat surprised to realize that I had ordered the exact same one that you have.

That's wonderful! It throws so many rainbows (all different sizes) with really clear and vibrant colors... also perfectly, the box says "when rainbows appear, angels are near" :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.