Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The forum ate my old account

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Hi this is actually ChicoAndAmigo. Let's say the forum malfunctioned and deleted my account. :( I'll be posting under this name for now, which I also use on the UK gpig forum. I'm sad my old thread about my boys Bruin and Little Bear vanished too.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I was reading your thread this morning and it vanished two minutes later. I tried bringing it to the attention of moderators and administrators and they just didn't know what happened. Whatever it was it was very strange.

I'm just glad you're back so that we can follow along with little Bear's progress, and the other pigs.

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
I had something weird happen to my account a few months ago. When I tried to sign on to the forum it said my account was permanently closed and I was banned forever. Needless to say I was panicked. I couldn't even sign on to get help from the admin. Through the guinea pig market I was able to send an email to the forum owner. She in turn contacted bpatters who reached out to me and was able to get me the help I needed to get back on. They had no idea of what happened to cause that. Just some sort of glitch in the system I guess.

The only downside was that when the system banned me it also took all of my posts. Now when you look at my posts I don't have many and I can't refer back to any of them. I really appreciated the help I received from bpatters. She apologized for my problem and felt bad that my posts had disappeared. I was just so happy that I could get back on the forum. Even though it was only for a few hours I missed the forum.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I had something weird happen to my account a few months ago. When I tried to sign on to the forum it said my account was permanently closed and I was banned forever. Needless to say I was panicked. I couldn't even sign on to get help from the admin. Through the guinea pig market I was able to send an email to the forum owner. She in turn contacted bpatters who reached out to me and was able to get me the help I needed to get back on. They had no idea of what happened to cause that. Just some sort of glitch in the system I guess.

The only downside was that when the system banned me it also took all of my posts. Now when you look at my posts I don't have many and I can't refer back to any of them. I really appreciated the help I received from bpatters. She apologized for my problem and felt bad that my posts had disappeared. I was just so happy that I could get back on the forum. Even though it was only for a few hours I missed the forum.

This is exactly what happened to her. I was reading the thread and it disappeared, and when I checked her username it was banned. All of the threads she had posted had also disappeared. If you check the username ChicoAndAmigo, you'll find it banned. Oddly enough, it was banned at the same time a spammer was banned.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I messaged Bpatters (under this account) the day it happened. That account has no posts, and can't MAKE any new posts, and my old ones are gone. Trying to figure out what happened.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Y'all, it's apparently a randomly occurring problem on the back end of the forum. Tech support has looked at all the likely areas, but can't find the reason. This forum software is old and slated for replacement in the not-too-distant future, so I'm not sure how much effort will be put into trying to resolve this.

I'm sorry about the loss of posts. I know it's a big hassle, especially when you're dealing with a sick pig, or when you've got a lot of useful posts that people rely on. Spy9doc lost thousands of posts, several of which I had bookmarked and referred to a lot because they were so useful. The only good thing I can say about it is that it's only happened a very few times that I know of, so maybe it won't happen again until the software is upgraded.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Y'all, it's apparently a randomly occurring problem on the back end of the forum. Tech support has looked at all the likely areas, but can't find the reason. This forum software is old and slated for replacement in the not-too-distant future, so I'm not sure how much effort will be put into trying to resolve this.

I'm sorry about the loss of posts. I know it's a big hassle, especially when you're dealing with a sick pig, or when you've got a lot of useful posts that people rely on. Spy9doc lost thousands of posts, several of which I had bookmarked and referred to a lot because they were so useful. The only good thing I can say about it is that it's only happened a very few times that I know of, so maybe it won't happen again until the software is upgraded.

I didn't know it had happened to [MENTION=19714]spy9doc[/MENTION]. THAT explains why posts she had in some of my threads disappeared.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I know it's a big hassle, especially when you're dealing with a sick pig, or when you've got a lot of useful posts that people rely on. Spy9doc lost thousands of posts, several of which I had bookmarked and referred to a lot because they were so useful.

Thank you both for the compliment! It has been a problem for me as well since I try to refer to posts that I have previously created which is/was very helpful. I find that I sometimes avoid posting because I simply don't have time to answer in any detail, and as a healthcare educator, answering in a clear, concise fashion is what I do best.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.