Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating Friar Tuck's medical thread

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
My condolences, I am so sorry. He was so special, and I loved hearing about his antics and adventures. You cared for him so well and he had such a good life. Take care of yourself.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Friar Tuck! You certainly were loved and will be missed by all of us.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to thank everyone for your heartfelt words, it means a lot. So hard at first, but holding on to the happy memories and healing, staying busy and spending time with our other fur babies. Your heart still stops when I go to reach in his cage when I'm petting/giving fresh hay to Robin Hood and it's no longer there. But we got a prism and big pot of daffodils and blooming flowers to hang in the window his cage was closest to. Robin Hood chases the rainbows the prism casts, which is adorable! It makes me smile every time.

We've rescued animals my whole life, and while Friar Tuck was my first piggy I've loved and lost, I know the path the well. It's never, ever easy, but all the joy they bring in your life is worth the pain when they leave it ...and they're never truly gone <3

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
It's never, ever easy, but all the joy they bring in your life is worth the pain when they leave it ...and they're never truly gone <3

So true! It is SO difficult at the time and the pain and heartache seem almost overwhelming. When our beloved Sparky died New Years Day 2020, we were so distraught that we could hardly face the loneliness. He had become my husband's "comfort pig" while he went through repeat surgeries. Even though I knew that I definitely wanted to continue to have cavies, we couldn't think of getting new ones. Finally, what I wanted became available on May 3 when I brought home two 5-week old blue roan abby boars who constantly delight and amuse us. They are now 10.5 mo old and have these big personalities that are just so unique that I wonder how we could ever have not had them in our lives.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
So true! It is SO difficult at the time and the pain and heartache seem almost overwhelming. When our beloved Sparky died New Years Day 2020, we were so distraught that we could hardly face the loneliness. He had become my husband's "comfort pig" while he went through repeat surgeries. Even though I knew that I definitely wanted to continue to have cavies, we couldn't think of getting new ones. Finally, what I wanted became available on May 3 when I brought home two 5-week old blue roan abby boars who constantly delight and amuse us. They are now 10.5 mo old and have these big personalities that are just so unique that I wonder how we could ever have not had them in our lives.

That's how we are, now...I still have Robin Hood, and except for him we might take a break from piggies for a while. But I still couldn't imagine life completely without them. Robin Hood has the biggest personality in a similar way :love: Your boys sound precious!! I've always thought roans are beautiful, though I've never had one...I'd love to see a pic of your piggies sometime :)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've really found it amazing, that through the pain of loss you find new little furry souls to love. Pooper was my first pig, and losing him broke something in me that won't ever return. But that left only Sly, who immediately after bringing home Punkin and Scooter became a medical pig and it created a much deeper bond with him. Punkin and Scooter stole my heart from the get-go, and their medical issues and subsequent loss just made that pain that much deeper. Now with Leo and Simon, it's a whole different ball game but they are loved just as much as the others were. It's funny how that bond forms with new souls, while still mourning others.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I've really found it amazing, that through the pain of loss you find new little furry souls to love. Pooper was my first pig, and losing him broke something in me that won't ever return. But that left only Sly, who immediately after bringing home Punkin and Scooter became a medical pig and it created a much deeper bond with him. Punkin and Scooter stole my heart from the get-go, and their medical issues and subsequent loss just made that pain that much deeper. Now with Leo and Simon, it's a whole different ball game but they are loved just as much as the others were. It's funny how that bond forms with new souls, while still mourning others.

So true...Friar Tuck was such a special soul, but new furry souls always find a way into your heart, in their own different ways <3

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
It’s so true about the losses, you remember every one in a different way and can’t help feeling sad. But the memories are so wonderful and always bring a smile.

i think pet parents have a love for animals in general. When we lose one, we still have that love to give and that’s how we can bring another pet into our lives.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.