Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Is Kaytee oder control bedding good?

julifhy

Cavy Slave
I divided my guinea pigs cage so that the majority of their cage is fleece and their food/litter area has bedding. I used Kaytee bedding for a while now because it helps a lot with the smell and I just wanted to double check that the bedding is safe for guinea pigs. I know the lavender bedding they have is not good, but I'm assuming the other ones are fine? If anyone has any other bedding recommendations, I'll be glad to hear them. Thanks!

scoottie

Cavy Slave
Anything scented is bad doesnt matter if its lavender or whatever. Only get unscented bedding paper bedding or Aspen shavings.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I can't find anything about what Kaytee uses in it for odor control. Some things are toxic to small animals, so I wouldn't use it until I knew what was in it. You could email customer support at Kaytee and ask them what they're using.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
If anyone has any other bedding recommendations, I'll be glad to hear them.

I have fleece liners in all of my cage, both main level and the loft. I do have a litter box on both levels which has about an inch of litter topped with a generous amount of hay. I've used the same litter for at least four years and have never had any problem with it. It is called "SoPhresh Crumbled Paper Litter" and is sold by Petco. I quite like it and have found it to be a good value compared to other such litters. https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/so-phresh-crumbled-paper-small-animal-bedding

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.