Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing Is this a boy or a girl?

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
We had 6 babies 2 defined boys and 4 girls. From one gp we had 2 boys and one girl from another 3 girls but I’m a little concerned bc I think I saw how one tried to hop onto her mom and now I don’t know. But just to be sure I’ll ask.
1814a02a696a6ff911aee00bcd4991d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
9d302bfd0352cbe6261ab31fa9850af3.jpg

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
That’s the only photos I could make bc she wouldn’t let me. And that’s the only baby that’s left now I have only 3 guinea pigs

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
That’s the only photos I could make bc she wouldn’t let me.

Let's see.......you are probably at least a 110lb human dealing with a 2+ lb. guinea pig and you say "she wouldn't let me"? Then perhaps you need to recruit another 110lb human to help you wrestle this guinea pig into submission! lol

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
Let's see.......you are probably at least a 110lb human dealing with a 2+ lb. guinea pig and you say "she wouldn't let me"? Then perhaps you need to recruit another 110lb human to help you wrestle this guinea pig into submission! lol

I was just trying to not to hurt her bc you can’t put them on their backs bc of how week their spine is. I asked for help so my guinea pigs won’t get pregnant for the second time and not for the insult or attack if you can’t help me just leave

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I was just trying to not to hurt her bc you can’t put them on their backs bc of how week their spine is. I asked for help so my guinea pigs won’t get pregnant for the second time and not for the insult or attack if you can’t help me just leave

You apparently can't take a joke......sorry. Regarding not being able to put them on their backs, that's simply not true. It is HOW you put them on their back.......and that would be unsupported and in an awkward position.

Does Maya appear to be in pain?

Piggy Nap.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Krtr1n4, you CAN put them on their backs as long as they're laying on something relatively flat.

And I'm sure [MENTION=19714]spy9doc[/MENTION] didn't mean to insult you, but she does have a point. I often point out to people who tell me that they can't do something with their guinea pig, such as hand feed it, that they're adult (or nearly adult) humans, and these are three pound animals -- you're equipped to win this battle.

See https://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm for help with your pig. If it's a male, you should be able to feel the bone that's in the penis if you put your finger crosswise across the abdomen just above the genital, press down firmly but not hard, and move your finger back and forth. No bone, no penis.

Kdorsett

Cavy Slave
I would say female

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.