Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Won't Eat Veggies Veggies and fruits

Myzzbrat

Cavy Slave
Ok our Henry will only eat red, green, romaine, carrots & celery stalks. How do I get him to eat kale or bell peppers or oranges? And if we miss a day on the greens he gives major 'tude!

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I would slowly introduce them to him. Like, give him a piece of the stuff he won't eat before you give him any other type, so that taste isn't in his mouth. Let the veggies sit in his food bowl first and if he doesn't eat them within a half hour or so, take them out and give him is norm.

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
I have had some pretty good experiences with chopping the veggies up into smaller pieces than I would normally. This way its like little tasty morsels of veggies. Tobias does pretty good with eating the pieces when they are smaller. Might just be a Tobias thing though. He is weird sometimes! lol Maybe give it a try, wont hurt at least.

pikameg

Cavy Slave
I have had some pretty good experiences with chopping the veggies up into smaller pieces than I would normally. This way its like little tasty morsels of veggies. Tobias does pretty good with eating the pieces when they are smaller. Might just be a Tobias thing though. He is weird sometimes! lol Maybe give it a try, wont hurt at least.

That's a really good idea. Do you mix the little pieces in with his pellets, or just leave them separate from everything else? How small are the pieces?

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
Umm a pretty decent dice. Maybe like my pinky nail size. I have smaller hands too. What I would do is, I would put a few of the pieces on his veggie plate, and leave them for like thirty. Then I would add in the other lettuce and stuff, but put all those pieces on top, so that he would hopefully go to them first. It worked for bell pepper, zucchini and grapes. Did not work for strawberries or raspberries though. I am not sure how well it would work to mix with the pellets. I have heard of some people doing this, not sure the outcome. So I can't say whether it would help, hurt, or just make a mess in the pellets lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.