Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Want a Guinea Pig(s) Ideas that I can propose to get another piggy sooner

ArrowRaptor

Cavy Slave
My mom has agreed to get another guinea pig, but I have to wait until after spring break. I believe that we should get one sooner since I think Micky is getting lonely since she has been lying around more than normal, she doesn't seem sick but begs for my attention every time I walk by, and I can't play with her all the time with school. How could I convince my mom to get a guinea pig sooner?

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
You could try asking for the second pig early for Christmas if you celebrate it, or you could find a specific other pig that's up for adoption and say you're worried that she'll be taken by the spring. I wouldn't worry about it too much if you can't, though, spring break isn't that far away and Micky will be okay alone for another couple months.

Do keep a close eye on her to make sure the lying around isn't a sign of a medical problem, though. I'd be weighing her weekly in the mornings and keeping track of what she eats, if she loses weight or is eating less I'd take her to the vet just in case her lethargy is an early sign of illness instead of loneliness.

Good luck!

finnpigg

Cavy Slave
My mom has agreed to get another guinea pig, but I have to wait until after spring break. I believe that we should get one sooner since I think Micky is getting lonely since she has been lying around more than normal, she doesn't seem sick but begs for my attention every time I walk by, and I can't play with her all the time with school. How could I convince my mom to get a guinea pig sooner?

I'm trying this later this winter, I hope it works! Anyway, sit down with your mom and start reading information about guinea pigs either from a website on them or a book. When you get to the point where it says guinea pigs NEED a playmate or they can become depressed, be sure to emphasize on it! (even if it's not in the book/website you have to mention it somewhere) She might just think about it :eek:

DroidGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Make sure your cage is big enough for 2 pigs. 2 times 4 for females minimum. 2 times 5 for males minimum. *all measurements are meant to be in feet

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Make sure your cage is big enough for 2 pigs. 2 times 4 for females minimum. 2 times 5 for males minimum. *all measurements are meant to be in feet

Actually, that's in grids, isn't it? And the grids are typically 14 inches, so it's actually more square footage than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.