Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Australia - Can anyone help me find some grids?

RukaMaron

Cavy Slave
Hey,

So I'm looking for some grids to make an enclosure but I'm at a loss as to where to find them. I'm in Brisbane. I've checked Bunnings, Target, Kmart and a couple of smaller random stores but haven't been able to find anything even close. Does anyone have any ideas or know of anywhere I can get some? Even if someone you know is selling some?

I know that I can buy them online, but the shipping costs usually end up costing more than the actual grids.

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
I am not familiar with Australian retailers at all. I know [MENTION=26046]MochaAndMoo[/MENTION] lives in Australia, but she is on the other side of the country from you. I don't know if she can help you or not...

MissPiggyAus

Cavy Slave
I'm in bundaberg, north of brissy and I ended up getting my grids online from eBay and yes it was quite expensive. I know spotlight has storage cubes but not the grid type, these are more solid type. You couldn't solely use them to build a cage but I use them for parts of my cage like the loft floor. My local bunnings had no grids, and they looked at me like a lepar when I asked about them lol

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
I bought mine from these guys (broken link removed). Sadly I think they just aren't bringing them in to Aus anymore in the retail stores!

Ranijuliet

Cavy Slave
Hey, i also live in bundaberg. I got my grids sent up from a wholesaler in Brisbane. ill find out the name of the place for you

Ranijuliet

Cavy Slave
They're $40ish for 17 grids. the address is 6/7 St Jude Court Browns Plains Qld 4118 FINISHEDMAP.jpg

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Email Rubbermaids and ask about their storage grids, most bunnings have them.

Ranijuliet

Cavy Slave
Yes it must be :). That would be awesome :D

RukaMaron

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I'll have a look at the Sunrise Imports, they seem quite close to me. I might even be able to go and pick them up rather than have them shipped to me. They seem like an all right price. I appreciate the help!

ImJoo

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm new here! I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that The Reject Shop in Parramatta Westfield NSW has the Rubbermaid grid storages in stock (only white colour). The pack which can make 3 cubes (13 grids in a pack) for only $10. They only started displaying them today. I can't express how happy I am at the moment to finally be able to build my rabbit and guinea pig a cage each :)

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm new here! I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that The Reject Shop in Parramatta Westfield NSW has the Rubbermaid grid storages in stock (only white colour). The pack which can make 3 cubes (13 grids in a pack) for only $10. They only started displaying them today. I can't express how happy I am at the moment to finally be able to build my rabbit and guinea pig a cage each :)
Oh woohoo! That's awesome news! Thanks for letting us know! I am off to the reject shop locally ASAP to see if I can stock up on some extra grids! My cage is black but I'm sure I have a million reasons to have some white ones too.. especially at $10 for 13!!!

starkitty99

Cavy Slave
Hi , I called Rubbermaid and they advised the Reject Shop was the last place that had bought all the stock they had left. I just bought 6 packs in NSW reject shop. $10 each for a 3 pack !!!!! So cheap !!! I dont know if Qld Reject shops are getting them but my advice is to call them now !!! :)

Hamish

Cavy Slave
anyone recently found any wire cube cages in Australia?

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
anyone recently found any wire cube cages in Australia?

Hi! I got my grids from Bunnings in Bibra Lake, I cleared the shelf but they may have gotten more in. I also heard that Bunnings in Canningon stocks Rubbermaids grids, good luck! :)

Hamish

Cavy Slave
I will search all the Bunnings then :D

ImJoo

Cavy Slave
Just an update on my new discovery.

If anyone is located near a "Daiso" store, they sell a product called "Wire Net" which is pretty much the same as the cube storage grids we find in Bunnings etc. They only come in an Off-White colour. I wasn't able to ask about the type of paint used, but you could do that in person if you are able to get to the store. (My piggies don't chew on their cages, so it's fine for me)

The great thing about it is that they come in different dimensions (from small to large, long to short)! But the downside is that you have to buy them individually as they are not sold in bundles/packs (therefore no plastic connectors either).

I'll list the dimensions below: (There was 1 or 2 that I couldn't remember properly. There was definitely a slightly larger one that the largest listed below)
1. 33cm x 33cm (similar size to the grids we know, 9x9 squares)
2. 33cm x 26cm (9x7 squares)
3. 29.5cm x 29.5cm (8x8 squares)
4. 54cm x 19cm (rather long but not as much height, 15x5 squares)
5. 51cm x 26cm (14x7 squares)
6. 62cm x 19cm (17x5 squares)
7. 62cm x 29.5cm (17x8 squares) <- I bought this one, it's like having 2 regular grids but already stuck together haha :) Can finally expand my piggies cages!

What's the price?
ALL AT ONE PRICE $2.80 each!

Daiso website - https://www.daisostore.com.au/
*I think the only states with a Daiso store is currently NSW, QLD and VIC. They are slowly expanding, hopefully every state will have at least one store :)
** Daiso sells everything at one price $2.80
*** Japanese franchise. Japanese made products.

IllryiaRTBW

Cavy Slave
OMG I never even thought of checking Daiso! You're a genius! I emailed like every Victorian importer I could think of and got told that they're not imported to Australia anymore (because we don't want to store things in wire grid cubes apparently) so I ended up buying metal grids from Bunnings and cutting them to fit the cage since the grid was small enough but that was pretty expensive too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.