Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior She is acting all afraid and spazzing out.

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
My four year old girl piggy is acting all scared and moving extremely quickly to go hide. She is normally a relaxed girl and we have had her for her whole life. I have no idea why she is acting so scared. She won't even let me look at her! Usually she will stand at the cage side so I can pet her. I did give her a butt bath last night, but she seemed fine after it. What could be causing her strange behavior?

PBmommy

Cavy Slave
Well you live in MI, if you lived around me i'd say maybe afraid bc of the storms? But since you're there i'm sorry Idk :/

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Pigs just get weirded out sometimes. Maybe it's a shadow in the room, maybe the water bottle suddenly looks like something that's going to eat them, maybe it's the phase of the moon. No one ever knows.

Just drape something over the end of the cage for a while -- maybe she's convinced there are house eagles. Re-arrange the cage furniture a bit, and let her be. She'll eventually come out of it.

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
Pigs just get weirded out sometimes. Maybe it's a shadow in the room, maybe the water bottle suddenly looks like something that's going to eat them, maybe it's the phase of the moon. No one ever knows.

Just drape something over the end of the cage for a while -- maybe she's convinced there are house eagles. Re-arrange the cage furniture a bit, and let her be. She'll eventually come out of it.

She has a lot of places to hide. She is currently hiding out on the ramp, where she never stays. But I am laughing at house-eagles, lol. Thanks for the advice.

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
Well you live in MI, if you lived around me i'd say maybe afraid bc of the storms? But since you're there i'm sorry Idk :/
We didn't have any storms over here. At least bpatters said sometimes they are all crazy for no reason, so at least I know she is not sick or something.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
House eagles made me giggle too lol. Hope she settles soon :)

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
House eagles made me giggle too lol. Hope she settles soon :)
It took a day and half, but now she is feeling her old self. I wonder if my ponytail swung over and freaked her out. I don't usually wear one because my hair used to be too short. I am more careful of my ponytail now, lol.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Poor piggy, between house eagles and swinging ponytails :eek:hmy:, she doesn't know which way to run. Glad she's back to her old self lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.