Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage To rearrange the cage or keep it the same...

JinATL

Cavy Slave
I was wondering if my at of you rearrange your cage frequently or do youay it out the same way each time you clean it? I don't know if piggies like a consistent home (same toys and hideys in the same places) or should I mix up the toys and hideys and rotate the locations.

heather81

Cavy Slave
I rearrange at least some of it every week when I change out the fleece. Some times it's just the hay and tunnel, sometimes I switch between fleece draped over one end and a fleece forest. They always explore and popcorn around when I change it out.

JinATL

Cavy Slave
Great! Thank you for the info. I kind of thought they might like variety but really wanted confirmation. Thank you!

Fantaziez

Cavy Gazer
Eh, i don't really rearrange it. When we get our cozies and proper house we will.

miniver

Cavy Slave
If I put something in a different spot they "nose" it back to where they think it should be. They are extra particular about the bedroom. The cozies need to be away from the wall and facing out.

rotto77

Cavy Slave
Mine will re-arange it on her own. its funny.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Mine will re-arange it on her own. its funny.

Mine too, no matter where I put the pigloos and food dishes they'll always be somewhere else by the end of the day. One of mine likes to drag a pigloo over the dish so she can have a meal in the privacy of her home. :p

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I plan to fill out applications for Allied Van Lines for mine.

pigtales

Cavy Slave

Cleophauna

Cavy Slave
I plan to fill out applications for Allied Van Lines for mine.

Love it!! I know exactly what you mean, they re-arrange on a daily basis. These two are the only one's who re-arrange their furniture more than my sister and that's saying a lot!

Kim Wareham

Cavy Gazer
I rearrange at least some of it every week when I change out the fleece. Some times it's just the hay and tunnel, sometimes I switch between fleece draped over one end and a fleece forest. They always explore and popcorn around when I change it out.

What do you mean by a fleece forest?

Kim Wareham

Cavy Gazer
Mine too, no matter where I put the pigloos and food dishes they'll always be somewhere else by the end of the day. One of mine likes to drag a pigloo over the dish so she can have a meal in the privacy of her home. :p

Oh that's so cute.

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
My two are showing signs of wanting to rearrange their surroundings. I'm sure once I get them in a bigger cage, they will do just that. At least Sweet Pea will, she likes to turn the straw tunnel over on it's side and then inspect it and then flip it back over. She's a trip to watch. She also loves to move the hay sack out and lay under it/hide behind the hay. Thankfully it's attached to the cage. She is definitely going to require a fleece forest with the larger cage. I can't wait to get started on that cage!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.