Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Fleece bedding

bridgetann1295

Cavy Slave
Can I use fleece blankets for bedding? Or should I use the fleece from the fabric store?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

bridgetann1295

Cavy Slave
This kind of fleece blanket. I know how to wick fleece but was wondering if I could use this. I have a ton of these at home and could use some extra fleece bedding

Mousewife

Cavy Slave
I have used those.

i made my fleece liners with dollarstore and/or thrift store fleece blankets and thrift store flannel sheets and towels. They work great. And the more you wash them, the better they get at wicking.

in fact, if you get your fleece from the thrift store, they?ve already been washed a hundred times, so they start off wicking better.

bridgetann1295

Cavy Slave
Thank you. If I bought it new from a store how many times should I wash it do you think? About three?
I have used those.

i made my fleece liners with dollarstore and/or thrift store fleece blankets and thrift store flannel sheets and towels. They work great. And the more you wash them, the better they get at wicking.

in fact, if you get your fleece from the thrift store, they?ve already been washed a hundred times, so they start off wicking better.

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
Thank you. If I bought it new from a store how many times should I wash it do you think? About three?
It really depends on the quality and brand of fleece. Some fleece takes me 1 wash to wick, and others have taken me 5 times. I have a few cheap fleece that has been washed over 5 times and still hasn't wicked.

bridgetann1295

Cavy Slave
It really depends on the quality and brand of fleece. Some fleece takes me 1 wash to wick, and others have taken me 5 times. I have a few cheap fleece that has been washed over 5 times and still hasn't wicked.
Wow that's crazy! Thank you for your help [emoji3][emoji194][emoji194]

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
Wow that's crazy! Thank you for your help [emoji3][emoji194][emoji194]

No problem :) I have noticed that the plain walmart fleece blankets wick really fast, usually in 1 or 2 washes!

bridgetann1295

Cavy Slave
No problem :) I have noticed that the plain walmart fleece blankets wick really fast, usually in 1 or 2 washes!
Thanks for the tip!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.