Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece flippers, how many?

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I'm thinking about doing fleece flippers. If I have a 2x5 cage but I get a kitchen insert from the store, how many flippers would I need? It's the smaller kitchen insert I'm looking at, I think it takes up just 1 grid (well 1x2), so would I need 4 flippers? And if I add a 2x2 grid loft, do I need 2 more flippers?

I'm still debating this because I use wood pellets now and they work so well and are so cheap but I don't like having to clip the fleece up the edges of the coroplast walls and trying to sweep up the poop with the fleece tugging and getting loose. Some people do it by just laying the fleece over the pellets and remove the whole fleece to shake off poops, but I worry my piggies would get under the fleece if I didn't clip it.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
you would need 4 if you do a 1x2 kitchen. and a 2x2 loft would need 2 fleece flippers.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
you would need 4 if you do a 1x2 kitchen. and a 2x2 loft would need 2 fleece flippers.

Thx! I'm trying to price everything to help me decide what's best.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
I just have a towel that I lay down with a fleece blanket over top. The towel was $5.88 and the fleece blanket was $2.88 from Walmart. I just got 2 of each so I can switch them every week.

Denise Mabie

Cavy Slave
Actually you would need flippers made specifically for the loft. They have them on the store site. They are a different size than the ones for the bottom level. I use the set up you're thinking about and love it.

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
Actually you would need flippers made specifically for the loft. They have them on the store site. They are a different size than the ones for the bottom level. I use the set up you're thinking about and love it.

Thank you! I'm about to browse the site now to get specific prices on the flippers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.