Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Guinea Pig head tilted

Allenf

Cavy Slave
Please help me. My guinea pig’s head is tilted to the right. It’s been like this for less than day. He is 1 year old.

Attachments

image.jpg

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
A head tilt usually means an inner ear infection. I would make sure that he can still eat and drink and schedule a vet appointment as soon as possible. He’ll probably need antibiotics. In a worst case scenario It could also mean that he’s blind in one eye.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yes, it's likely an inner ear infection. He'll need a prescription for antibiotics and you'll need to be prepared to hand feed Critical Care if the antibiotics affect his appetite.

He needs to go ASAP. The longer you wait, the greater chance of permanent damage being done.

Lucass
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Allenf

Cavy Slave
A head tilt usually means an inner ear infection. I would make sure that he can still eat and drink and schedule a vet appointment as soon as possible. He’ll probably need antibiotics. In a worst case scenario It could also mean that he’s blind in one eye.

He still eats but his right eye is squinted

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
@Allenf...as said above, make an appointment with an exotics vet as soon as possible.

Ask for Benebac if you are given an antibiotic (or buy some on Amazon, chewy, or elsewhere). Benebac is a probiotic which is recommended to be used with any antibiotic to help with gut health.

Keep us updated on how things go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.