Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General You guys are going to HATE me... Please read this I need advice with my pig situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Have your pigs gone back to a vet yet? Please, take them to a vet to get them healthy ASAP.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The Guinea Pigs are still living animals not matter where you get them from! They have feelings, by the sounds of it unlike you, how could you just take them back? Its so sad and sick how you just got pissed off and just wanna give them back. Can't you just go to another vet????? They're living. Give them a chance, HELP THEM for goodness! If you really do love your piggys then help them and go to the ends of the earth to get them better, like i said before just because you brought them from a petshop DOES NOT mean they aren't living or don't have feelings. Just please don't give up on them. PLEASE

I LOVE MY PIGS

Cavy Slave
I LOVE MY PIGS I hope you will at least decide to message me on here so that we can at least talk about this if you don't want anyone else seeing what you are talking about. I will not judge you, I will try not to farther lecture you about pigs. From the way you sound I'm guessing that I am also the same or close to you in age, so I can relate to you. As I stated above I am just in this for the health, well being, and happiness of these pigs, and would love to give them a good home, and also take the burden off your unsuspecting cousin. Please consider.

I have PM'ed you.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
WARNING: I am someone who speaks their mind and heart, if you feel like what I am about to say may hurt you or make you mad DO NOT READ ON.

I'm sorry.
You are a cold hearted owner.
If you think that r eturning the guinea pigs is the best for THEM then you shouldn't even have them (or any animals). You took on a responsibility when you purchased them. YOU need to take them to a good vet. If YOU cannot AFFORD vet bills then you should NOT have considering purchasing them. And by all means I understand when times are hard on the wallet. BUT there are such companies like Care Credit. Whom pay for vet bills and medical needs to which you can pay off in your own time AND it helps you build credit.
I am someone who lives paycheck to paycheck. Do you see me giving up my animals because they are sick or because Petco's crappy vet did not cure my animals? NO. I actually take my animals to a very well known and experienced vet. Why? because I love them and I want the best for them.

Oh gawd, you made me so upset. Reading you are going to give these adorable pigs up because Petco crappy vet didn't cure them just breaks my heart and utterly....arg!

Lemme put it like this:
If they were human children. Just humor me here. IF these guinea pigs were human children.....what would you do?

I LOVE MY PIGS

Cavy Slave
WARNING: I am someone who speaks their mind and heart, if you feel like what I am about to say may hurt you or make you mad DO NOT READ ON.

I'm sorry.
If you think that r eturning the guinea pigs is the best for THEM then you shouldn't even have them (or any animals). You took on a responsibility when you purchased them. YOU need to take them to a good vet. If YOU cannot AFFORD vet bills then you should NOT have considering purchasing them. And by all means I understand when times are hard on the wallet. BUT there are such companies like Care Credit. Whom pay for vet bills and medical needs to which you can pay off in your own time AND it helps you build credit.
I am someone who lives paycheck to paycheck. Do you see me giving up my animals because they are sick or because Petco's crappy vet did not cure my animals? NO. "I actually take my animals to a very well known and experienced vet. Why? because I love them and I want the best for them.

Oh gawd, you made me so upset. Reading you are going to give these adorable pigs up because Petco crappy vet didn't cure them just breaks my heart and utterly....arg!

Lemme put it like this:
If they were human children. Just humor me here. IF these guinea pigs were human children.....what would you do?

First of all if you didnt read any replies I have changed my mind. I am giving them to my cousin and i will educate her and make her a 2x5 c&c and get her all started so those two pigs are in good hands and then i will adopt two pigs from the rescue and take care of them so that makes four pigs loved and in good homes.

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
There was absolutely NO POINT in this post. She asked for advice, and has ignored every piece of advice and refused every offer of assistance. Knowing how this forum is, and how people here feel, she still posted this. That is called a TROLL. She just posted this to start an argument, with NO INTENTION of changing her mind.

(broken link removed) - if it's a money issue so she has the funds to "rescue" 2 more pigs from a shelter, please PM me, I'll chip in so you can get the pigs and vet care.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave

I'm sorry.
I am someone who lives paycheck to paycheck. Do you see me giving up my animals because they are sick or because Petco's crappy vet did not cure my animals? NO. I actually take my animals to a very well known and experienced vet. Why? because I love them and I want the best for them.

Lemme put it like this:

I agree with you 100%.
As for age I'm under 14 and still love and care for ALL of my pets and even the troubled piggy from the pet shop.

I LOVE MY PIGS

Cavy Slave
There was absolutely NO POINT in this post. She asked for advice, and has ignored every piece of advice and refused every offer of assistance. Knowing how this forum is, and how people here feel, she still posted this. That is called a TROLL. She just posted this to start an argument, with NO INTENTION of changing her mind.

(broken link removed) - if it's a money issue so she has the funds to "rescue" 2 more pigs from a shelter, please PM me, I'll chip in so you can get the pigs and vet care.

There actually was a point to this thread because If it wasnt for the thread and seeing all u guys angerly reply i would have just returned them to petco instead i am going to giving them to my cousin and i will educate her and make her a 2x5 c&c and get her all started so those two pigs are in good hands and then i will adopt two pigs from the rescue and take care of them so that makes four pigs loved and in good homes.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
First of all if you didnt read any replies I have changed my mind. I am giving them to my cousin and i will educate her and make her a 2x5 c&c and get her all started so those two pigs are in good hands and then i will adopt two pigs from the rescue and take care of them so that makes four pigs loved and in good homes.

Kay you started it....

I actually did just go back and read SOME replies. And you giving the pigs to your cousin is NO BETTER. Like other users have said. Your cousin could suddenly grown tired of them and their care and decide to return them to you or give them to someone else who of which could probably not care about them the way they should be cared for. OR she could try to give them back to you of which we are back to page one.

GuineaPigLady_

Cavy Slave
If you don't want to keep the piggies, just say it.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
There actually was a point to this thread because If it wasnt for the thread and seeing all u guys angerly reply i would have just returned them to petco instead i am going to giving them to my cousin and i will educate her and make her a 2x5 c&c and get her all started so those two pigs are in good hands and then i will adopt two pigs from the rescue and take care of them so that makes four pigs loved and in good homes.

educating her doesn't help this situation anymore.
you are STILL trying to get out of keeping sick animals because you don't want to pay to take care of them correctly.
NOTHING will convince us that your cousin will take better care of these pigs.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
So, I don't think you are going to change who you are and your perspective on things overnight. So when it comes to scolding you, I'm just exhausted. It resolves nothing.

Petlovr and PigPandemonium are going to work with you to make sure the piggies go to someone who is prepared and knows a lot of pigs. They're also going to do it in a way that will be less hassle for you. I'm sure others that are in your area and also in this site would be eager to help you get the pigs to PigPandemonium. Please let them help you by taking them off your hands and giving them the best chance at an amazing life.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Okay....this is being said calmly:

We understand when you cannot afford animals. BUT you did not bother to think things completely thorough BEFORE getting the animals. if your mother (or you) cannot afford(or does not want to pay) vet costs even AFTER to get the animal, then you shouldn't have considered getting them.
Animals are animals. Humans are humans. We and animals will at SOME POINT in their life injure or get themselves sick. If you are sick do you expect your mother to just let you ride it out in hopes that you won't die or will get better soon? No you mother should not do that. She should take you into the doctor to figure out WTH is going on inside you and get you better FAST.
Animals should not be treated any differently when they are sick. They have feelings. They hurt. When I know my animals are hurting, I hurt as well. They are my babies. I cannot have human children, so they are my children and I'd do just about anything to get them happy and healthy.

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
I think the main thing that people aren't understanding is why you do not want to keep the two you already have. That's what is confusing me. Besides being sick, which is fixable if you're willing to put the money and effort into it, what is wrong with them to make you no longer want them?

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
So, I don't think you are going to change who you are and your perspective on things overnight. So when it comes to scolding you, I'm just exhausted. It resolves nothing.

Petlovr and PigPandemonium are going to work with you to make sure the piggies go to someone who is prepared and knows a lot of pigs. They're also going to do it in a way that will be less hassle for you. I'm sure others that are in your area and also in this site would be eager to help you get the pigs to PigPandemonium. Please let them help you by taking them off your hands and giving them the best chance at an amazing life.

100% for this

I've said what my heart felt and in the exact order it felt. I am now off to bed. I pray that these piggies will go to a user on here whom has shown she(or he) knows how to properly care for these piggies and has proved it.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I think the main thing that people aren't understanding is why you do not want to keep the two you already have. That's what is confusing me. Besides being sick, which is fixable if you're willing to put the money and effort into it, what is wrong with them to make you no longer want them?

no we know why
she either A does not want to pay or B cannot pay and did not full think through the expectations of owning a guinea pig (or two)

NOW I am officially going to bed.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
I don't get the difference between owning the guys you already have or getting two new guys? If you can't look after these two then it will be the same for the other two.

I LOVE MY PIGS

Cavy Slave
If its not too much of a hassle I have thought about it and I might consider letting (broken link removed) buy them off of me I hope its not much of a hassle to do this process and once i get them to pigp i will adopt two from a rescue and knowing that my two pigs will be in good hands with pigp and that way i can sleep at night

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
That is great news! But why are you going to adopt two from a rescue?

I LOVE MY PIGS

Cavy Slave
thats what i want to do. too be honest i really dont know i just want to dont ask why but do not worry i will not abandon them like this its just because im mad at petco for the whole vetscam situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.