Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What to do???1 piggy or more?

Alexander

Cavy Slave
thanks (broken link removed) and (broken link removed) for helping
sorry for the inconvenience caused..

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
There's no inconvenience at all. It's a forum made to discuss & answer those questions.
All of us started out where you are, where there's so incredibly much information to take in it feels quite daunting at first. You are doing everything right by researching it. Your pig is lucky to have such a dedicated owner where so many others are not.

pinky

Cavy Slave
There are guinea pigs that prefer to be a solitary guinea pig. They don't get along with others and if you pair them with one, they will fight and draw blood. On the other hand, they like to be with people. If you mom will only allow you to get one, look for a single that wants to be alone. Just make sure you give it a LOT of attention and floor time. You still need to have an adequate sized cage for one.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
grace, I believe coroplast is called corflute in Australia. The correct spelling may help if someone is searching online.

Alexander

Cavy Slave
Floor time won't replace the proper cage space, but is important until you figure out how to arrange that. Don't get another pig if you don't have the space for one.

Believe me, I've had to squeeeeeeze in my 2x5, and move every single piece of furniture around. Can't say my mother was in any way approving of it, but I payed for it & it's this responsibility of the pigs welfare you take on by bringing them into our home. Research it, show your mother all the health benifits of a proper sized cage & ease her into it. Or as for the cage space & grids for christmas? :)
hey...is the 2x5 in inches or meter?

Alexander

Cavy Slave
A mirror won't help at all. If you imagine never interacting with humans again, would a mirror work as a replacement? No of course not. Guinea pigs are highly social animals just like us humans, and should always be kept with it's own kind. No mirror or human can ever replace that.

Are you sure you can't move things around to fit a proper C&C cage? The cages can be built in many shapes, such as an L shape to fit in corners/around something. Even if you don't adopt a second pig, the current one also need the proper space with a at least a 2x3 minimum.

is the 2x3 in meter or inches?

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Gosh no. It's in grids/cubes. One cube measures approx 35.5cm/14". :)

pandaloki

Cavy Slave
I know, but they do get the whole living room the whole day, the cage is only for them to stay in at night or when we have visitors.

Alexander

Cavy Slave
o...
then the cage is BIG!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.