Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Cuddle Cup Prep

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
A question to all the folks who make their own cuddle cups, cozy, piggie bed, etc... made out of fleece. Do you prep your fleece first or do you make the object first then go through the whole prepping process of getting your fleece to wick?

miniver

Cavy Slave
I wicked the whole piece of fleece when I bought it. Then I cut and sewed it into liners, pee pads and cuddle cups.
My girls do a lot of their business in the bedroom, including the cuddle cups. I would strongly recommend wicking it before they spend any time on that fleece. Wick first, then sew.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@miniver, this isn't directed at you, but I've been trying to correct misconceptions about wicking. You don't wick the fleece. You strip the fleece of its waterproof coating so that the fleece will wick. Wicking is when water is drawn off another surface by capillary action.

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Thanks. I will wash them first :D

miniver

Cavy Slave
@miniver, this isn't directed at you, but I've been trying to correct misconceptions about wicking. You don't wick the fleece. You strip the fleece of its waterproof coating so that the fleece will wick. Wicking is when water is drawn off another surface by capillary action.

Agreed. It's become common place to misuse the verb "wick" and it can lead to confusion. From now on I will be part of the solution, not part of the problem. :)

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
Agreed. It's become common place to misuse the verb "wick" and it can lead to confusion. From now on I will be part of the solution, not part of the problem. :)
It's so easy though to use it as a verb. [emoji2] I'm guilty myself.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.