Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Vegetables?!

Andreaconner329

Cavy Slave
How do I get Percy to try his vegetables? I got him a few days ago and he was only fed hay and pellets. He's still pretty young I'd guess maybe 2 months or so. But he has no interest in any vegetable I offer him. How do I get him interested? IMG_20180210_171000.jpg

Squibbles

Cavy Gazer
How do I get Percy to try his vegetables? I got him a few days ago and he was only fed hay and pellets. He's still pretty young I'd guess maybe 2 months or so. But he has no interest in any vegetable I offer him. How do I get him interested? View attachment 84161

My youngest one was 2 months when I got her and my eldest was 4 months. They also came from a local pet store who I am pretty sure only gave them pellets. Mine weren?t too interested at first either (with the exception of lettuce). I just left the veggies in their bowl and left for a while. When I came back they were gone lol. I have read that they are pretty picky animals (do not remember the source). I have only had mine about 3 months so I am definitely new to this but I just thought I would share my experience. Of course this site is packed full of great information like the link @bpatters posted and is also full of very knowledgeable people. In my limited experience it just took them so time to get acclimated to their new surroundings. Now they cannot get enough of their veggies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.