Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Cage size for 3 guinea pigs

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
im starting to think about just ignoring this thread cause the UK guinea pig forum I’m on loves my idea and can not wait to see the build

That sounds like an excellent idea.

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
Isnt that kinda what I’m already planning to build I don’t like c& c cages cause I don’t trust the security of them vs my dogs and cats or my potbelly pig though they will rarely be in my room plus if I was gonna build something to put cages on instead of building the cages I’d just go with bin cages which would still need a bunch of work and wouldn’t really be suitable for guinea pigs
im starting to think about just ignoring this thread cause the UK guinea pig forum I’m on loves my idea and can not wait to see the build especially since I’m probably gonna end up going 8ftx3ftx3ft with the whole structure probably being 8x3x8 foot

There is a reason for that...I grew up in England (UK) and it can be difficult to find the components to build a c&c cage or difficult to do so at an affordable price. Hence why I have personal experience with a wooden cage structure. An unfortunate experience, make no mistake about it.

I live in the US now and have the opportunity to have access to better materials (c&c cage materials) which as I said before has far better ventilation and can be disinfected when necessary which is much better for the health and well being of my pigs.

You speak of needing a safe cage for your pigs....my c&c cage was built with much effort and care using lots of zip ties. It is on a stand (also using grids) and is covered which makes it safe for my large dog and cats (one of which is a Maine coon and over 22 lbs). I can sit in my cage if I wanted to (and have when making adjustments or expansions), it's that well made! It would easily hold another small animal cage (or 2) on the lid (which is also reinforced with bars).

PennyLane94

Cavy Slave
I’m interested in what you’re building. I think we all are confused with your vision for a cage and just want to make sure the guinea pigs will have good health and comfort. We’re just looking out for the well being of your piggies.
Perhaps can we see building plans for the cage? I’m having a hard time visualizing what you’re planning to make.
Also, instead of linoleum or tiles, maybe make a coroplast liner. Then you could always remove it to clean it and place it back into the cage. This is just an idea. :)

I’ll try to post a drawing in a bit of my idea it’s not a great drawing but maybe it’ll help

PennyLane94

Cavy Slave
I’m interested in what you’re building. I think we all are confused with your vision for a cage and just want to make sure the guinea pigs will have good health and comfort. We’re just looking out for the well being of your piggies.
Perhaps can we see building plans for the cage? I’m having a hard time visualizing what you’re planning to make.
Also, instead of linoleum or tiles, maybe make a coroplast liner. Then you could always remove it to clean it and place it back into the cage. This is just an idea. :)

Heres the picture hopefully I did this right lol (broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.