Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Grid Connectors?

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
I got my grids but there aren't enough connectors to do what I want to do? Is there a place to get just the connectors? I did a search and came up with one place but when I clicked on it the website is no longer there.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I know a lot of people on this site use zip ties as connectors.

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Awww well, duh! I'm married to carpenter I guess I should have asked him because he has tons of those! The piggies don't ever nibble on them or anything?

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
OK awesome! Thanks!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Awww well, duh! I'm married to carpenter I guess I should have asked him because he has tons of those! The piggies don't ever nibble on them or anything?

If you clip off the length of the ties so only the little zipper part remains, there is nothing for them to chew on.

You have to be careful though. If you already have coroplast that is measured for a cage that includes the connectors, you may find yourself with an odd-fitting cage. The connectors are designed so that there is a bit of space between the grids. If you zip tie the grids together, there is no space between. So it does make a difference in size.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.