Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets KMS Pellets

kananaka

Cavy Slave
It took mine a while to warm up to KMS pellets, but they did (were previously being fed rabbit pellets before I got them). Now the bowl hardly ever has anything left in it!

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
It took mine a while to warm up to KMS pellets, but they did (were previously being fed rabbit pellets before I got them). Now the bowl hardly ever has anything left in it!

That's great. I've heard great things about kms so I thought I would try it out and see. So I bought the 10lb bag just to see if they will eat it

kananaka

Cavy Slave
That's great. I've heard great things about kms so I thought I would try it out and see. So I bought the 10lb bag just to see if they will eat it
I did the same thing at first. I just got a #25 bag the other day. =)

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I did the same thing at first. I just got a #25 bag the other day. =)

Oh ok. Thanks. I'm waiting to find out whats going on with my order

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Try this phone number
[h=3]888-344-8273[/h]
I found it doing a google search.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
UPDATE:

She emailed me back at 12:52 am. She apologized and said that the tracking numbers had gotten switched be mistake and gave me my tracking number for my order. She was so nice about it. So my package should arrive on Monday.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
UPDATE:

She emailed me back at 12:52 am. She apologized and said that the tracking numbers had gotten switched be mistake and gave me my tracking number for my order. She was so nice about it. So my package should arrive on Monday.

Sweet. Glad everything got sorted out.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Don't worry about your piggies not liking KMS at first. It's probably the best quality pellet out there. Cheap pellets have poor ingredients and though your guinea pigs might prefer them, you should know that KMS is nutritionally much better for them. If it's the only thing available, they'll warm up to it quickly.

My guinea pigs prefer KMS over Oxbow, which is probably the second-best pellet available. I think your pigs will enjoy the pellets once they discover how delicious they are. :)

I'm glad everything got resolved!

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
Mix in little at a time to switch them over.. And add a little more of the kms each time until its all kms.. Worked really for me and the piggies.. :) took me a weekish ..

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Mix in little at a time to switch them over.. And add a little more of the kms each time until its all kms.. Worked really for me and the piggies.. :) took me a weekish ..

I will definitely try that. Thanks

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave

This might be a good way to let them adjust to a new food, but it isn't necessary. Unlike what it says for most pet foods, you don't have to do a gradual switch with guinea pig pellets. You can just switch cold turkey. Just my opinion, but I think it would make the adjustment quicker if they switched to it right away and didn't get the chance to decide which pellets they prefer.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
This might be a good way to let them adjust to a new food, but it isn't necessary. Unlike what it says for most pet foods, you don't have to do a gradual switch with guinea pig pellets. You can just switch cold turkey. Just my opinion, but I think it would make the adjustment quicker if they switched to it right away and didn't get the chance to decide which pellets they prefer.

Thanks. I was going to try and just switch them and see what happens. If it doesn't work then I will gradually switch them over time and see if that works. But my piggies arent really the picky type so far

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
Thanks. I was going to try and just switch them and see what happens. If it doesn't work then I will gradually switch them over time and see if that works. But my piggies arent really the picky type so far

It's better for the digestive system if you switch slowly.. Just a thought..

pinky

Cavy Slave
It's better for the digestive system if you switch slowly.. Just a thought..

Where did you get that information from? I've never heard of that.

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
Where did you get that information from? I've never heard of that.

Just like dogs/cats tummys.. It can make for upset stomach if you switch them cold turkey.. I can't remember where I read it.. But it has worked for me in all the years of switching food for my animals..

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
There is always the possibility that there might be some slight upset to the digestive tract, but remember, guinea pigs are grazers/browsers. Genetically they are made to eat a variety of food stuff.

I have found that the guinea pigs in the rescue do fine when switched cold turkey. They also do fine when different pellets are mixed--they eat their favorite first, then eat what's left!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.